Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Post your stuff here

What's Hot

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    edited October 2016
    Thanks @IvanMC ! I've always prided myself on being able to write a nice riff or two haha, somewhat makes up for my average lead abilities. Yes I'm currently playing with a band and we're working through all this material plus new stuff from the other members, it's sounding pretty good so far and hopefully we'll be gigging soon! All the stuff was written with spaces for a singer so it'd all sounding really nice now we have a good singer, he sounds a bit like a rougher/heavier Layne Staley which is awesome.

Yeah I used Ez Drummer 1 for most of it and Ez Drummer 2 for some of the newer stuff. Tbh I can get a better sound out of the original Ez drummer as I know my way round it so well and have some little tricks I do to get the sounds I want. The sounds in 2 are better though, much bigger and more realistic but I still haven't tweaked it enough to get "my" sound if that makes sense?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuminousLuminous Frets: 210
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    Wow, @menamestom  ! That was was a nice one! It sounds raw and simple, but positively raw and simple! The groove is sweet and the melody doesn't lack punch at all! Tell you what, if I head to the pub for some red ale on Saturday night, and all of a sudden there's your band playing Shoot the door, well... I'll be definitely having a great time. Congratulations.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

Thanks @IvanMC very kind of you.  The first feedback I've received since posting :). We played out debut gig last week actually and it went pretty well. Was definitely raw and we all looked pretty simple ;).  This is probley the only song we've written that took less time to write than the duration of the song.   I'll post a clip if the video at some point.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7142
    edited October 2016

A track I'm happy to call finished as of the small hours of last night. 

https://soundcloud.com/zerozeroone001/werking-nines
    @thewiddler that was a pretty nice one! Ideal to loosen up a bit after a stressful day at the job! The rhythm section is perfect; bass and drums going hand in hand; the guitar fills are sweet. The melody is fantastic. And the drums sound positively raw, which reminded me of old times, which I particularly enjoyed. Again: if I go to the pub after a stressful day slaving away at the job, and suddenly there's this band playing this song, well... my lager will be doubly enjoyable, and I'll surely get back home in a good mood.

Off: I'd suggest you guys have a go at all this material. I notice there's nearly no feedback. Some stuff is pleasantly surprising. In my humble opinion, this music section is supreme, and the post your stuff here thread is amazing, but there shouldn't be just one thread for this, because all the material gets piled up and mixed up. There might be more feedback if there was one thread per user who is willing to share his material. Anyway, I'm new here and may have misunderstood a couple of things. The whole thefretboard thing is awesome, but I really enjoy this section. Cheers!  

@richardhomer that was a nice one! It's a lot more difficult than everyone thinks to jam on a slow blues backing track! Nice phrasing! Ideal for a warm, balmy Saturday evening, as you start the barbeque fire, drop of wine in your hand. Cheers!
  • @IvanMC - thank you. Very kind of you to take the trouble to comment.
  • horse said:
    A live track from this weekend in leicester - I'm lurking in the shadows on keys and BVs

Wow - I actually really like the keyboard sound on this horse. Sounds really good to me - you use a NORD
    Nice job, @viz ! It really does sound as though it was recorded in the 80s! I enjoyed the song, especially the atmosphere created at about 2:14, which is nicely followed by a mind-blowing, aggressive, "80s" guitar solo. I've found the mix a tad dry, or raw, as it were, but that feels nice anyway, though the 80s were packed with effects. Do you still have this band and gig? Cheers!
  • vizviz Frets: 10643
    Hey thanks @IvanMC , that's so lovely to hear, thank you! Yes it is dry and if we were to record it again we'd definitely pad it out. But at least you can hear all the mistakes! 

Yep still working with Jonno Stanford. I love that slow bit too, he has a real creamy voice. And I love the way he sings 'hard' in verse 2 - you can almost hear him clenching his fist. We're currently in a Duran Duran / Van Halen tribute act (called Van Duran) :)

Cheers! Viz
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Sibelius said:
    Anyone here done any compositions using Sibelius or similar? Post 'em, lets hear them!
    My first experiment with writing orchestral/soundtrack stuff went shockingly well.  Mixed on a £5 Asda 2.1 speaker set so it lacks some refinement but hey: it's punchy!  :3

Ok, just jamming over a Cm groovy backing track. Short.

• RaveRave Frets: 268
    Just reformed my old band. Noise time :)

• AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    hi thought I’d post something.
    As u’ll see I’m not actually ‘Ali Gorie’  - sounds something like (allegory) - I like it.
    I put these tunes up years ago as part of my rehabilitation my daughter made me ‘do stuff’ whilst recovering from a heart attack !.
    I’m fending off muscular dystrophy and failing, trying to continue playing though it’s hard to play for any length of time and fatigue is the main issue, not being able to 'drive' the rhythm.  Hopefully I’ll manage to play (to my satisfaction) and maybe the odd live spot - and record some more.
    hope ya like this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st7Rm28TGRA

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    AliGorie said:
    hi thought I’d post something.
    As u’ll see I’m not actually ‘Ali Gorie’  - sounds something like (allegory) - I like it.
    I put these tunes up years ago as part of my rehabilitation my daughter made me ‘do stuff’ whilst recovering from a heart attack !.
    I’m fending off muscular dystrophy and failing, trying to continue playing though it’s hard to play for any length of time and fatigue is the main issue, not being able to 'drive' the rhythm.  Hopefully I’ll manage to play (to my satisfaction) and maybe the odd live spot - and record some more.
    hope ya like this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st7Rm28TGRA

Fantastic! :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Got a few rough recordings of my band in progress. Couple disclaimers - we hadn't practiced as a full band for a few weeks so it's a little rough (first time our singer was able to make practice in a month) and song 4 is a work in progress, the middle bit/solo was all improvised and the first time we'd done it that way. Anyway enough excuses..

• Hi all, Some great playing on this site :-)  Inspired me to contribute a clip of my very own.  *Gasp*

Improvising some fusion guitar over a pretty standard blues progression.

Hope someone out there in the land of the internet enjoys it!  Merry Christmas :-)

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited December 2016
    @craggle_rock Fantastic!

Here's my lot covering a Justin Bieber song. We changed it a bit.

I use my mental fuzz a lot, it's very splatty and fuuuuuucking loud. I was quite happy with the solo though, especially as it was all improvised. Managed to karate chop the volume control at the end too, I'm getting good at that.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."