PSA: Truefire Blackfriday

What's Hot
Looks like truefire have quite big discounts on various courses but it changes hourly. I really liked the Robben Ford stuff so picked up another... The in the jam stuff is also really good IMO

Also All access 1 year is reduced to 119 USD. I've got a lot from my membership so would recommend.
Cheeky ask - if you buy something after reading this, consider using my referal code :) 

https://truefire.com/ignite/?code=Teetonetal

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cheers for the heads up!

There is a course I want. Not in the sale yet but I'm sure it will be soon!

Keep watching it's a pretty quick cycle and so far all but one course I'm looking at as been in twice..

Keep watching it's a pretty quick cycle and so far all but one course I'm looking at as been in twice..
    Good to know!

Can I use your refferal code even though I have an account? Or is it a new members jobby?
  • I think you can use my referal code for any purchase - no idea, but it would be awesome if you try. :)
  • I think you can use my referal code for any purchase - no idea, but it would be awesome if you try. :)
    I'll give it a go mate :)
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    edited November 2016
    I think you need to sign up for the free account - then you get 25% off first purchase.. and 30 days access.
  • Cheers for this, I picked up some Robben Ford stuff cheap a while ago. I fancy some of the Larry Carlton stuff so will check it out.
  • Looks like truefire have quite big discounts on various courses but it changes hourly. I really liked the Robben Ford stuff so picked up another... The in the jam stuff is also really good IMO

Also All access 1 year is reduced to 119 USD. I've got a lot from my membership so would recommend.
    Cheeky ask - if you buy something after reading this, consider using my referal code :) 

https://truefire.com/ignite/?code=Teetonetal

Quick question.  If you have full access do you still need to buy some courses?  I thought all access gave you everything.

I already have a few courses but might go for the all access plan.
  • If you have all access you can watch all courses download tab and backing tracks but you have to buy the video if you want to have it once access plan expires or watch offline
  • cheers to whoever used my referral code :)
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    edited November 2016
    Hmmm tempted by the one year access. It's roughly the cost of 3 x 1 hour lessons that I could have locally, in person.

Seems like you should be able to get a lot more out of it in a year than 3 hours tuition! 

Do you think it's a good idea to supplement actual lessons with 'online' style lessons? I only get one x 60 minute lesson every fortnight so this looks like it could be a good gap plugger 

Though in reality it's probably just ANOTHER internet based distraction from knuckling down on what my tutor is telling me!!

• I got the access last night, just 30 days free using a different email to try it out.  I was up until midnight playing and learning new stuff.  I don't see how learning new stuff and playing could ever be a bad thing.  You can track your progress and check of each individual lesson as you go, so it would be quite easy to have a few courses on the go at the same time to keep it interesting, while at the same time not get lost in the huge amount of content.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86 said:
    Hmmm tempted by the one year access. It's roughly the cost of 3 x 1 hour lessons that I could have locally, in person.

Seems like you should be able to get a lot more out of it in a year than 3 hours tuition! 

Do you think it's a good idea to supplement actual lessons with 'online' style lessons? I only get one x 60 minute lesson every fortnight so this looks like it could be a good gap plugger 

Though in reality it's probably just ANOTHER internet based distraction from knuckling down on what my tutor is telling me!!
    I really like it - but I treat it quite seriously, I work through one course at a time, the more complex / interesting ones I then buy (when on sale) I make sure I get all the licks down etc. It's for sure broadened my horizons, I've always been an out and out rock guy, so having good material to look at Jazz, Country and blues has been good.

I also teach, and I've found that the jam tracks and tab are a wonderful resource.

Liek anything, you get out proportional to what you put in. Sign up for the free 30 days, do a couple of online courses and see how you find it.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    BRISTOL86 said:

I really like it - but I treat it quite seriously, I work through one course at a time, the more complex / interesting ones I then buy (when on sale) I make sure I get all the licks down etc. It's for sure broadened my horizons, I've always been an out and out rock guy, so having good material to look at Jazz, Country and blues has been good.

I also teach, and I've found that the jam tracks and tab are a wonderful resource.

Liek anything, you get out proportional to what you put in. Sign up for the free 30 days, do a couple of online courses and see how you find it.
    That's what I'd do to be honest - I hate leaving stuff half finished so would plan to work through things quite methodically. 

Have signed up for the trial to get a feeler for it!