Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD - No strap line

What's Hot

Comments

• grayngrayn Frets: 938
    What a beauty, congrats.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    Shame about the headstock decal. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • MojopickupsMojopickups Frets: 333
    tFB Trader
  • MattFGBI said:
    To be fair it has no fret markers, a maple board and 22 frets. All things that fender have never done on a jazzmaster

If fender could modernise the jazzmaster properly I would have happily got my wallet out. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Beautiful
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    edited November 2016
    MattFGBI said:
    Shame anyone needed to comment, imho.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lamf68 said:
    I'd live with that  =) I like that creamy finish, what colour is that ? 
    I will have to refer you to @lamf68 on that one. I think I asked for translucent blonde...

Colour is actually called.
    "Translucent Angel wing on a desert sand-dune surrounded by the underbelly of a new born light brindle Cairn Terrier"

Needless to say I haven't had a lot of people request it since I knocked it up. Hard to gauge what it looks like from the name!
    Wish you had checked that name hadn't already been taken before you used it - Hate to tell you but expect a stiff letter from the legal department at  Dulux sooner than later...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmann said:
    MattFGBI said:

You don't think it is fair comment coming from someone who works at Fender?!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely looking thing, but agree on the decal. Better to have your own name on it :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    lamf68 said:
    I'd live with that  =) I like that creamy finish, what colour is that ? 
    I will have to refer you to @lamf68 on that one. I think I asked for translucent blonde...

Colour is actually called.
    "Translucent Angel wing on a desert sand-dune surrounded by the underbelly of a new born light brindle Cairn Terrier"

Needless to say I haven't had a lot of people request it since I knocked it up. Hard to gauge what it looks like from the name!
    Wish you had checked that name hadn't already been taken before you used it - Hate to tell you but expect a stiff letter from the legal department at  Dulux sooner than later...
    You'll probably find the equivalent Dulux colour is called 'Gauze Bandage'.

Lovely guitar btw Jack. I've got to confess, I think I'd be struggling for a while without dots!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    impmann said:
    MattFGBI said:

No.

It's not for sale, so what is on the headstock is nobody's business.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Absolutely stunning. I'll take three!

Brilliant job.
  • @dogload I still have makers across the top of the neck. It's really no issue at all. I just always felt the black board dots look a bit cheap on maple
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • That's lovely. It's my favourite finish on a Fender style guitar (my MJT Strat is in a similar shade). I'd love an Esquire in this colour too. Fantastic job @lamf68 .

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
    impmann said:
    impmann said:
    MattFGBI said:

No.

It's not for sale, so what is on the headstock is nobody's business.

We'll technically it's fenders business 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    @dogload I still have makers across the top of the neck. It's really no issue at all. I just always felt the black board dots look a bit cheap on maple

Ha! Well I think I could just about manage with the side markers - none at all and I'd be pushing the limits of what could be described as 'creative' atonal playing!

Hang on! Are you saying my Strats look cheap? :p
  • @dogload don't you start as well! I've had enough from the decal police already. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    @dogload don't you start as well! I've had enough from the decal police already. 
    "Put the tweezers down and step away from the waterslide.. You are surrounded"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You'll never take me alive!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14839
    tFB Trader
    great to see that trans blonde on a Jazzmaster - looks cool and an unusual combination with maple board - cool and interesting - what p/ups have you loaded on this