NGD - Black Friday Special

What's Hot
ricorico Frets: 1221
Thought i'd share a quick and dirty pic of the bargain Les Paul Special DC. Bought completely on a whim but it's pretty damn awesome! Featherweight and easy (ish) to play despite tiny hands and the wide neck.

Never owned a guitar with P90s before but i'm sold. One thing I don't like however is the g force which will be going this week. 

Anyway here she is!

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice one. I love DC Gibsons.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    Cool mate, I got a full fat LP but still waiting for mine ("next day" delivery). Curious about the wide neck. Specs say there's only 3mm difference at the nut
  • ricorico Frets: 1221
    @roberty it is only about 3mm on paper but in the hand it's much more pronounced. I can see how it can be quite divisive and I would have definitely tried it first in person had it been a more expensive guitar. 
  • Knew I'd regret passing those up again! :dissapointed_relieved: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grayngrayn Frets: 975
    Nice buy. I bet those P90s push out some nice crunch. Congrats.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    He is a very nice guitar.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    @rico I used to play a S&P acoustic which splits the difference width wise.  We shall see.  I couldn't say no at the price.  According to specs there is only 2-3mm diff between rounded and slim taper profiles and they feel quite different.  Congrats anyway glad you're happy with yours :-)
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1244
    edited November 2016
    The 2015 Gibson P90 (P90ST/P90SR) were redesigned to be brighter. I'm not sure why the did that, but then 2015 was the year they fixed things which weren't broken.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    Babones said:
    The 2015 Gibson P90 (P90ST/P90SR) were redesigned to be brighter. I'm not sure why the did that, but then 2015 was the year they fixed things which weren't broken.
    Actually the pickups are one of the few things that didn't get "worse." By all accounts and some firsthand experience with a Special they sound really good. They are not to be worried about...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The pickups sounds pretty ace to me - certainly more rangey than the classic 57's in my other Les Paul
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    Babones said:
    but then 2015 was the year they fixed things which weren't broken.
    Apart from their company accounts...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 636
    Always wanted to try one of these. How's the balance? Is there neck dive?
  • keirkeir Frets: 146
    I bought one in TV yellow, it arrived at my parents house yesterday and I haven't had chance to pick it up yet.

I've always fancied a DC in tv yellow but would prefer the pickguard and 4 knobs of a 'normal' one if I'm honest so I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep it yet but I thought for the price it was worth a punt!

Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    BBBlues said:
    Always wanted to try one of these. How's the balance? Is there neck dive?
    The balance is fine, deck dive not as bad as an SG. The gforce combined with the brass nut is god awful though so they're going asap! Apart from that it's a beauty.  
  • keir said:
    I bought one in TV yellow, it arrived at my parents house yesterday and I haven't had chance to pick it up yet.

I've always fancied a DC in tv yellow but would prefer the pickguard and 4 knobs of a 'normal' one if I'm honest so I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep it yet but I thought for the price it was worth a punt!
    Dibs ;)
  • keirkeir Frets: 146
    keir said:

Dibs ;)
    Haha ok mate I'll give you a shout if i decide against keeping it.  
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • I have smallish hands and it never bothered me what I always do is out my current and concentrate on the new one after a few weeks all the width thing goes out and it will feel like home.

i think we are spoiled these days and tend to be over fussy and a bit neurotic and some almost diva ish about neck profiles. My attitude is get stuck in shut up and play as the saying goes. So unless it physically impossible for me to get my hand round and form a chord then I give it a go.
  • Looks awesome, enjoy