Duesenberg Les Trem ii

What's Hot
Reminded of this by the Discussion on a Bigsby alternative for a tele. These are relatively cheap ( under £70, I should have bought pre Brexit probably...)and simple to install. For putting on my LTD which is a cheapish guitar that doesn't get much use but this would make it a bit more interesting.

Anyone used one and what's it like? I'm thinking more Duane Eddy than Eddie Van Halen. 

My worry is that it won't fit my LTD as I've only seen pictures of it on Gibsons. Presumably the distance between the bridge posts has to be exactly right, anyone know what that should measure?

Last question: once it's fitted can you take the arm off or at least swing it out the way enough to get the guitar in a case? 

Ta  =)
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ewalewal Frets: 2817
    edited December 2016
    I've got one on my Reverend Manta Ray. I really like it. Very much like a Bigsby. You could adjust the arm so it was quite low when putting in case, although as I use a gig bag I can't say for sure.

ETA: don't have guitar to hand so not sure about measurements.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ta. Apparently they were supplied in the box with some Reverends for a while. 

ewal said:
    I've got one on my Reverend Manta Ray. I really like it. Very much like a Bigsby. You could adjust the arm so it was quite low when putting in case, although as I use a gig bag I can't say for sure.

ETA: don't have guitar to hand so not sure about measurements.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 3091
    tFB Trader
    I've just sold one, works well with a nut cut to suit and poss change to roller bridge if strings hang up there as well, they're well-made things. Mine fitted in a case with it swung back.