Anyone know where to get genuine Fender pickguards in the U.K.?

What's Hot
jfraze5150jfraze5150 Frets: 262
edited December 2016 in Guitar
I fucking hate that tortoishell on my American Deluxe Tele. I think it would look much better with a single ply white or even black pickguard.

I'm really struggling to find anywhere that sells the genuine telecaster scratchplate though, especially in the single ply white, 8 holes, that I'm after...

anyone have any suggestions? 

Here's what it looks like now...

https://imgur.com/gallery/4vP0r

Many thanks,
F
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2526
    edited December 2016
    You might struggle for  a genuine Fender single ply with those screw holes for the neck pickup because they typically weren't fitted new to those guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Like that yeah... but single ply, not 3 ply. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11966
    tFB Trader
    It's likely that a stock Fender single ply plate will have only 5 screw holes instead of 8 and no pickup mounting holes.
    You may have to drill those yourself

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Aw yeah... I spotted the American Vintage 58 Tele that has the aged white blonde body and a single ply white pickguard and thought it looked awesome. But you're right, that pickguard is a 5 hole one, it being vintage correct etc. I'm not sure Fender make such a part. I've emailed their customer services, 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    @TimAl ;

I know this isn't the Genuine Fender part you're looking for but i also know they don't make a single ply, white 8 hole plate - I've tried to find a black one previously.

You could try one of our forum members - Tim.

Scratch it custom scratchplates.
    He makes single ply scratchplates either blank or with amazing custom designs on them. If he doesn't already have an 8 hole template, send him yours.

He lives close to me and is a friend who runs a great business, his service is great and his work is stunning.

Scratch It Custom Scratchplates
  • Thanks! I'll give him a message. Yeah, don't think I'll get a genuine Fender one. Th should sell it in black though surely as they fit them to the American Deluxe, or Elite series now butterscotch blonde ash guitars I'm sure? 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3042
    Funnily enough I've got a single ply black one with the pickup screw holes sitting right here it's eight screw as well
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    ^
    All the research i did last year led me to believe there wasn't one available.
    I stand happily corrected, nice one !

:)
    Alnico said:
    ^
    All the research i did last year led me to believe there wasn't one available.
    I stand happily corrected, nice one !

:)
    I would point out that it is an aftermarket one rather than an official Fender product and whilst it was advertised as a correct fit for US Telecasters I've never had a real Fender to hand to try it out so can't confirm if it does.
    That said I've no use for it so it's available if anyone wants it
  • Amazon have really decent quality ones for a tenner or less. 
  • https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B011NV4GAE/ref=ya_aw_oh_bia_dp?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Loads of different colours. I got the sparkly park parchment one, can't tell the difference, probably the same factory. 
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 192
    I think your guitar looks lovely with the current scratchplate.
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    Not one ply, but this will fit: 

0991375000      PG, TELE PARCHMENT 8-HOLE, 3-P
    Any Fender dealer can get one. 

One ply are generally only 5 holes and no pickup mount. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

• Yeah, cheers. I'm wanting that retro look so really want single ply white or black. I've contacted Fender and the guy that I was put on to that does custom ones.

AndrewM... I got a cheap red tortoishell one for a stratocaster and was really disappointed in it. Looked rubbish so I forked out for the original Fender one and the difference was night and day. I'd guess that different styled ones may look better though. 

JohnHe... cheers mate! I LOVE the translucent 'white blonde' finish but think the brown tort detracts from the beautiful finish. I think a plan black/white pickguard would help. 
    Yeah, cheers. I'm wanting that retro look so really want single ply white or black. I've contacted Fender and the guy that I was put on to that does custom ones.

AndrewM... I got a cheap red tortoishell one for a stratocaster and was really disappointed in it. Looked rubbish so I forked out for the original Fender one and the difference was night and day. I'd guess that different styled ones may look better though. 

JohnHe... cheers mate! I LOVE the translucent 'white blonde' finish but think the brown tort detracts from the beautiful finish. I think a plan black/white pickguard would help. 
    Mate if you wanted to try that black one I've got all it would cost you is postage & a Jiffy bag, say a fiver ?
    With the caveat that I can't guarantee it will fit ! 
  • DrBob said:
    Yeah, cheers. I'm wanting that retro look so really want single ply white or black. I've contacted Fender and the guy that I was put on to that does custom ones.

Mate if you wanted to try that black one I've got all it would cost you is postage & a Jiffy bag, say a fiver ?
    With the caveat that I can't guarantee it will fit ! 
    That would be greatly appreciated! Wanna send me a message with your PayPal and I'll send you that and give you my address? 
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    I got mine from Regent Sound on Denmark St for £39