Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3411

Yep. Just got an email through from TC and looks interesting

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/pedals_s_detail.asp?stock=13121116184882

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1419

Does look interesting for the extra features on offer, but I still think the original Ditto looks like the better buy £ for £.

I'm hoping they also implement the backing tracks via USB for the original Ditto  - the usb socket is currently redundant so it's a possibility.

• This looks lovely and if I didn't have an x4 flashback I'd be very tempted. I'm still very tempted! one more toggle to switch the dial between loop level and loop rate, and for setting fade in/fade out for undo/redo would seal the deal though.
  • Also question to the forum, would you rather have this and a flashback delay or a flashback x4, given that they take up roughly the same amount of space due to the side mounted jacks on the regular flashback?
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903

Call me greedy but I'll wait for the Ditto X3, that has 3 footswitches and 2 loops with onboard memory locations! (I'm slowly saving up for a Pigtronix infinity looper though)

But this looks good and is well priced.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Also question to the forum, would you rather have this and a flashback delay or a flashback x4, given that they take up roughly the same amount of space due to the side mounted jacks on the regular flashback?
    Depends if 40 seconds looping is enough.  Flashback X4 is neater but this has way more looping power.  Plus you could have this and a different non TC delay with the jacks on the top.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Very nice looking piece of kit but I don't think I personally will have much of a use for the X2's new features.

If I didn't have a ditto already and was looking to pick one up for the first time I would definitely go for the X2 though.

• Also question to the forum, would you rather have this and a flashback delay or a flashback x4, given that they take up roughly the same amount of space due to the side mounted jacks on the regular flashback?
    Depends if 40 seconds looping is enough.  Flashback X4 is neater but this has way more looping power.  Plus you could have this and a different non TC delay with the jacks on the top.
    Good point. For me it is plenty but I can easily imagine when having a independently controllable delay and loop would be useful (because on the X4 you can have both but while the looper is going, the delay is essentially always on and controlled by the dials, so you would have to adjust on the go rather than step on/step off).
  • I'm surprised the delay length is still so short given how cheap memory is these days. My Boss RC-3 will do 16 hours.

I'm surprised the delay length is still so short given how cheap memory is these days. My Boss RC-3 will do 16 hours.
    There's no expandability, it's for easy on the fly looping for which you would rarely if ever need more than 5 minutes.  The boss I see more as something you can pre install a load of loops for backing tracks etc.  But the Ditto trumps the Boss with the bypass,analog dry through and extra footswitch, so I see room for both.