eBay Content - Multiple Accounts?

What's Hot
This and These

Always seems a bit odd when people list stuff (at the same time) under multiple accounts...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've noticed the same ... it's wierd. 

Tend to be broadly the same price, and mostly use the dame photos. 

Initially thought it was just plain fraud (i.e. 3rd pary copying an item and selling it ... but you don't have it). 

Now I'm not so sure what the angle is :)
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1274

It used to be against eBay rules to have more than one personal account, but I don't get the point in these listings.

I suspect they've been running two separate accounts aimed at different areas, and they've listed the guitar on the wrong account.

The usual reason for having multiple personal accounts, is for those who're treading on thin ice, and want an already verified account for when one gets suspended due to flouting eBay rules.

I've got two eBay accounts, however one is my personal one, and the other is my business one. I do think you are allowed multiple business accounts, but I've not read the rules for a while.

• SyncSync Frets: 289
    edited December 2016
    Businesses / traders do it to spread liabilities. Can also reduce your tax bills if reporting as separate entities all making a loss due to for example overheads despite operating from a shared premesis. Can even register separate business postal addresses as units in your own warehouse. Holding company owns premesis and makes a profit, all others can report a loss albeit being financially stable.

Applies to legal entities (trading companies) to sole traders or non incorporated companies. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom