The worst bit of a new year

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
I get so fed up with everyone saying 'Happy New Year'. It's all over Facebook, people writing it, putting up pictures of it, putting up videos of it. Everyone 'liking' everyone else's posts and Commenting 'Happy new year' back. I'm sick of it already.

Then I'm back to work tomorrow. It's a big building and from past experience I will have to endure around 3 weeks of people in corridors saying 'Happy new year'. Some will say it on two or three occasions stating that they can't remember if they have already said it. 

I want a T-shirt that says:

"Yes, it's another year"
"Yes, we are all happy as a grinning moron"
"Let's assume we know those two things and dispense with the need to actually say it"

Boy I'm such a grumpy old git
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisus said:
    Get that on your tee
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17875
    tFB Trader
    Seriously if that's what you have to worry about you should feel very lucky.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437

axisus said:
    I get so fed up with everyone saying 'Happy New Year'. It's all over Facebook, people writing it, putting up pictures of it, putting up videos of it. Everyone 'liking' everyone else's posts and Commenting 'Happy new year' back. I'm sick of it already.

Then I'm back to work tomorrow. It's a big building and from past experience I will have to endure around 3 weeks of people in corridors saying 'Happy new year'. Some will say it on two or three occasions stating that they can't remember if they have already said it. 

"Yes, it's another year"
    "Let's assume we know those two things and dispense with the need to actually say it"

What a bunch of cunts.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10771
    axisus said:

"Yes, it's another year"

Happy new year
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10771
    viz said:
    axisus said:

"Yes, it's another year"

Happy new year
    Happy new year
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24845

HNY

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

HNY

Ditto

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    axisus said:

"Yes, it's another year"

I don't get it either. I just look at people and say "what have you got to be cheerful about? You're one year nearer the grave than the last time you wished me happy New Year and you have 12 fewer pay days (assuming your paid monthly) to save for your retirement"

That usually wipes the smile off their faces ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Happy new year!
    Stop crying, start buying
  • I so can't be bothered going back to work tomorrow :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9772
    I'm going to forget my password again.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    Only 3 weeks?  Pfft, lightweights!  I managed to get someone on leap year day last year.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    Its just another day, just because some Roman decided to start the 365 count again doesn't make it any more relevant. FFS its not even as if we are at the winter solstice.

Just go outside and stare at the stars and then remember a year is irrelevant to everything you see. Its about as insightful as saying 'Have a Nice Day'. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited January 2017
    You know what I refuse to say? 

Phrases like "good morning."

Yes, I know it's morning, but it's like a cult to say the same thing like that.

The Good Morning Cult!

I say "hello."
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11734
    tFB Trader

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1777
    edited January 2017
    I am going to write 2016 by mistake on most documents I'll be making my signature on at work...

oh... @axisus - Happy New Year mate! ;-) I just don't pay attention to stuff like that. Social convention, it is what it is. Smile and just imagine that you won't have to listen to stuff like that until Easter time (unless Valentines is big in your work).

hywelg said:
    Its just another day, just because some Roman decided to start the 365 count again doesn't make it any more relevant. FFS its not even as if we are at the winter solstice.

Just go outside and stare at the stars and then remember a year is irrelevant to everything you see. Its about as insightful as saying 'Have a Nice Day'. 

axisus said:
    Get that on your tee

;-)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27702
    I've never really seen the point of new year being a thing. It's just another arbitrary point in space, and it's not even linked to some prior historical anniversary but people go nuts for it.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Going on a lovely hol next week so am back to work with a huge grin already today!