Second hand prices for a Fender FSR Solid Rosewood neck strat?

What's Hot
DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
At the moment I'm unemployed, although things aren't financially dire or anything. It does get you thinking about what you can shift to get some extra cash in. So I'll be getting rid of some pedals soon and maybe a blues deluxe amplifier.

I also watched a documentary about minimalism the other night and it kind of rang true with me. I have 7 guitars, which for me is bonkers.
I have a great partsacaster and this just doesnt get played. If i can get down to the Tokai, PRS, SG and the partsacaster that's more than enough for me.

So I'm thinking about putting this up for sale. It's a lovely guitar and in all honesty it was one of those "I HAVE TO HAVE THAT GUITAR" moments.

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/32600/ngd-fender-american-standard-stratocaster-limited-edition-solid-rosewood-neck-daphne-blue

I paid £1160 IIRC two years ago, according to GAK it's one of seven in the UK (Daphne Blue, With the rosewood neck). My gut is thinking £800-850 simply due to the rarity of it. I know it's a standard, and normally those are £500ish second hand. I must reiterate I am not interested in trades. Oh and the guitar plays like BUTTAH.
I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If you are in need of cash but don't need it desperately, I definitely wouldn't sell it for less than £850 ... put on gumtree and wait a while I'd say there's a good chance you'd get more! As you say, they're rare - it's a limited edition that's actually desirable! There's not many USA Fenders with solid rose wood necks! 

Good luck with the job situation 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    I want a Strat...this looks great...where are you based? :)
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    I want a Strat...this looks great...where are you based? :)
    hi Raymond

I'm Bristol based but have car will travel. (Well Inverness might be a stretch!) :)
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    Ah, not that far away.  My PRS 305 is actually at my mate's in Bristol which I plan to retrieve soon.  If you are not in any hurry I love to take it off your hands in a couple of weeks (going to sell a couple of Chase Bliss pedals too.)
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    @RaymondLin no hurry mate. If we say ! £850? If that's okay with you let me know when and ill deliver the guitar to you. (Gives me something to do!) :)