What strat is this?

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2774
Apologies for the terrible photo - it's not mine.   

I was offered this strat earlier but in it sure it's real - any expert care to comment?

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w617/johnpinchin2/6AD33229-D610-49E7-AEEE-80202B73124D_zps6feuz3ac.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks like a Highway 
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 888
    Yeah I'm guessing highway 1.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2774
    Thanks chaps - I'm not sure it has the right bridge or string trees to be a highway.  
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    pics look elongated/distorted so I'd want to see a better pic - Are the saddles more block style or bent vintage style - Highway's I believe are all bend vintage style and 'roller style' string trees as against vintage wing style - of course parts on that guitar might not be original - have you got any better pics/close ups
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74497
    edited February 2017
    I think it's a bitsa, since even in that terrible pic you can see it has block saddles and a two-post bridge, but it's not a USA Standard since the saddle intonation screws are centred and the pivot posts are too far apart - the bass-side one is right at the corner - and black… it looks like the Squier Standard 2-post bridge, in fact. The pickguard also looks wrong for a Fender - the humbucker hole is too square, so it's either an aftermarket replacement or modded. The neck may well be genuine, I can't tell.

If you save the pic then re-size the vertical height to 640 pixels you can see it much more clearly, by the way .

It could even be a modded one of these, with a changed decal…

http://deadeyeguitars.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/squier-standard-stratocaster-rosewood.html

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2774
    Thanks - when I asked for more info and details he admitted that it wasn't real.   Poor form and someone will probably be duped.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom