What's Hot
Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4851
edited January 2014 in FX
Hi all,
I wonder if you could give me some feedback on this particular setup

So guitar goes into the input of the G-system
4 loops with various OD/Dist pedals
The 5th G-system loop goes into the input of the Egnator Pre-amp
From the Egnator Send I go into a little box which splits the signal, one going into the G-system Return the other going into a small Fender Pro Jnr (Dry). Do to the hot signal coming out of the Egnator pre I need to attenuate this down (500K pot?) or do I go into the middle lug of the pot, with one side going to the G-System the other to the Fender (more like a blend knob). Also should I put a buffer before the splitter box or will the pre-amp have buffered the signal enough?
One of the outputs goes to the Egnator Return the other to potentially another amp (future proofing for Wet/Dry/Wet).

I'm taking the G-system and pedals out the rack and putting it all on the floor (there will be other things before the G-system such as fuzz/octavia/Uni-vibe and Wha.

Any observations? Am I likely to get loads of hum?
There are a couple of pains with the G-system and Egnator
a) The loops are buffered so useless for the fuzz and octavia
b) The volume on the Egnator is pre-FX loop so the output is too hot for the Fender Jnr Pro. which does not have it's own FX loop.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What are you trying to achieve? What's the concept behind going to the fender from the egnator send? What's your current setup?
  • The idea is to have a dry only going to the fender but with all the ODs. The Egnator will have the wet signal returned.
  • At the moment I only have the egnator in play but have experiment with the Fender as a secondary amp for stereo output.
    Another Idea I have is to have the Egnator as a dry and the G-system outs feeding a mesa 50/50 power amp in stereo.
  • Another question .
    Boost in the FX loop. Before or after time/modulation FX.
  • Do you want to hear the egnators preamp through the fender? I only ask because it seems an odd combination. If one of those two amps has a basic dry sound that you like to build a base from we can definitely work from there?
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    I'm feeling particularly kind today so I've taken your diagram and added a few essential bits for tone.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • midiglitchmidiglitch Frets: 172
    edited January 2014
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    Yea, not bad mate but you're missing the curly guitar cables.
  • Yep want the Egnator pre-amp going into the fender to add a bit of sparkle.
  • Now if the Fender had an FX loop I'd have it in one of the other loops.
    But I like the combination I've had them in Stereo before both wet but want a dry and a wet signal