Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Post your stuff here

What's Hot

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357

This is one of my bands playing a  Van Halen cover in our local pub, we play this place every month so am allowed a lot of lights and stuff :

And attempting the Eugenes trick bag thing from the Crossroads film in my garage studio :

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10644
    edited November 2013
    Bravo : )))))))))
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MickMick Frets: 98

Bravo indeed.  Loved those vids so much I had to go watch the rest of them on youtube. ;)

Ah thanks guys :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    Danny1969 said:

This is one of my bands playing a  Van Halen cover in our local pub, we play this place every month so am allowed a lot of lights and stuff

And attempting the Eugenes trick bag thing from the Crossroads film in my garage studio :

Awesome!  Eruption strikes me as perhaps being the only piece of that nature which might be known outside of non-guitarist circles... people have heard it even if they don't know what it is.  And playing it live looks a lot of fun and you've given me something to aim for.  And Eugene's Trick Bag was what I started to learn when I first picked up guitar after a 20 year hiatus.  Talk about biting off far, far more than I could chew.  However, seeing you play that reminded me of all the hours I put in (not really knowing what I was doing) and how difficult that piece is.  lol'd at closing comments ;)
  • It's Coconut Blues Club Challenge spam time once again ;)

This time around was Ancient Egypt. A slightly blown-up mixing desk hampered my progress a tad so I only had a few hours to get it all done in the end. So the planned orchestral epic ended up a bit damp squib, but hey-ho, here it is anyway.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12606024

And to listen to the other, very fantastic, much better than mine tunes from the night, here's the station - http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=Coconut Blues&content=station&ID=1049625
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Danny1969 said:

This is one of my bands playing a  Van Halen cover in our local pub, we play this place every month so am allowed a lot of lights and stuff :

Excellent live piece there, nailed it!

How many takes d'you reckon Vai did for the clean Eugene bits for Crossroads? I'm guessing more than 1, and having a string quartet finish your runs obviously helps ;)
    Danny1969 said:

Excellent live piece there, nailed it!

How many takes d'you reckon Vai did for the clean Eugene bits for Crossroads? I'm guessing more than 1, and having a string quartet finish your runs obviously helps ;)
    I reckon he played it on a guitar tuned down a semi and then they speeded up the audio, because it was more like Bm than Am when I used to play along when the film came out. There's loads of versions on youtube at a million notes a second but generally with loads of gain which makes it a lot easier. 

Loved the Egypt thing, when I first loaded it I thought it said Basket Case :) and was expecting something else. Lovely tone, very atmospheric and moody 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Danny1969 said:
    I reckon he played it on a guitar tuned down a semi and then they speeded up the audio, because it was more like Bm than Am when I used to play along when the film came out. There's loads of versions on youtube at a million notes a second but generally with loads of gain which makes it a lot easier. 

Loved the Egypt thing, when I first loaded it I thought it said Basket Case :) and was expecting something else. Lovely tone, very atmospheric and moody 
    Most likely, but then look at what they did with Ralph's fingers! With a little help from Arlen Roth, so artistic licence was clearly applied ;)

And TY, my cat suggested the title, and who am I to deny a god? (at least in his mind. They say that the Egyptians revered cats as gods, it's only us who have forgotten! lol)
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    edited January 2014
    here's one finally  - really old tune I had which I've just finished re-recording. Still not happy with the mix (signing up to do a course on Logic soon though  - I am crap at it !!).

• RaveRave Frets: 268
    edited January 2014
    Testing out my Strat. Excuse the bum notes, I'm getting good at them! :D

Wotcha @vibetronic! That was ace.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • RaveRave Frets: 268
    viz said:
    Wotcha @vibetronic! That was ace.
    +1!
    Rave I didn't see yours it was ace too! Lovely warm sound.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    cheers both :) Dave, great playing as always !
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 735
    edited January 2014
    Well, it is with much hesitation that I dare post my very poor atempts at playing guitar after checking all of you guys. Some very talented people in here.

Anyway, I just uploaded some covers to soundcloud and I'd really appreciate some feedback from you people.

____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • kaisoskaisos Frets: 26

Envy never dies. A greek post punk alternative band.
    My band!

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    Some cool stuff here, guys. :)
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4974

a song from 2001
  • Here's my band's most recent offering - we recorded a gig at the end of 2013, and had it mixed/produced recently. Pretty chuffed with it:

https://burnthemapsuk.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-the-phoenix

Hopefully you guys like :)

If anyone wants to know anything geeky about the guitars/pedals/amps I/we used, just let me know :)