Left Wing people are idiots

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    Three Girls
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Drew_TNBD said:
    So, is that Sargon dude the guy responsible for all the rape tweet stuff with Jess Phillips?
    No.
    Sorry, I should clarify.  Not "responsible", just a very vocal and active contributor in the event and the subsequent media coverage.  His wiki entry would suggest that's the case, but I wouldn't necessarily believe everything I read on there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Benjamin
    There was a Twitter campaign to illustrate people's idiotic sensitivity to words. They bombarded her with phrases like 'I would not rape you' and she reported that to the media as 'receiving an onslaught of rape threats'.

... which is obviously not what was happening.

She's a fucking hag. I'm embarrassed to be from the same part of the world as that unfeeling harbinger of doom.
    What you've described sounds much more like some kind of organised mass troll than a campaign.

I think people can be sensitive to words used, particularly when directed at them specifically, and this doesn't make them an idiot.  If you bandy the word "rape" around when you're talking to a victim of rape or sexual assault, there's a good chance they will react differently than someone else would.  You can argue about wording, context and semantics, but to label somebody's response as idiotic is to deny that there can be something emotional or psychological underpinning this sensitivity, something which may be rooted in deeply unpleasant or traumatic personal experience.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited May 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    So, is that Sargon dude the guy responsible for all the rape tweet stuff with Jess Phillips?
    No.
    Sorry, I should clarify.  Not "responsible", just a very vocal and active contributor in the event and the subsequent media coverage.  His wiki entry would suggest that's the case, but I wouldn't necessarily believe everything I read on there.

There was a Twitter campaign to illustrate people's idiotic sensitivity to words. They bombarded her with phrases like 'I would not rape you' and she reported that to the media as 'receiving an onslaught of rape threats'.

She's a fucking hag. I'm embarrassed to be from the same part of the world as that unfeeling harbinger of doom.
    What you've described sounds much more like some kind of organised mass troll than a campaign.

I think people can be sensitive to words used, particularly when directed at them specifically, and this doesn't make them an idiot.  If you bandy the word "rape" around when you're talking to a victim of rape or sexual assault, there's a good chance they will react differently than someone else would.  You can argue about wording, context and semantics, but to label somebody's response as idiotic is to deny that there can be something emotional or psychological underpinning this sensitivity, something which may be rooted in deeply unpleasant or traumatic personal experience.
    Call it trolling if you want, but the end result is the same - misrepresentation of words in order to score political points. I don't accept that. At all.

Her response was idiotic BECAUSE she said she received rape threats, when in reality she did not.

It's a word. There are no safe spaces.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22520
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    No.

Call it trolling if you want, but the end result is the same - misrepresentation of words in order to score political points. I don't accept that. At all.

Her response was idiotic BECAUSE she said she received rape threats, when in reality she did not.

It's trolling. And it continues to demonstrate why the like of Sargon are no fucking better than the left-wing idiots they tear apart. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    No.

It's trolling. And it continues to demonstrate why the like of Sargon are no fucking better than the left-wing idiots they tear apart. 

Nothing wrong with trolling. It serves a vital social function when fascists wont listen to reason.

I DEFEND TROLLS WITH MY DYING BREEEAAAATTTHHHHHHH!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom