Advice for posting photos from Flickr

I have now totally given up with Photobucket having just got a message telling me I can no longer embed photos unless I upgrade!  A ot of people on the forum seem to be using Flickr and have just opened an a/c this afternoon.  Seems quite slow to upload even with fast fibre but looks good and nice to be finished with PB.  However, I have spent ages going through all the options and I just can't work out how to embed a photo.  With PB there is a menu to the right of each photo once opened and it's a doddle but can't see any embed options with Flickr.  I would really appreciate any help/advice with this.  Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26458
    edited July 2017
    I believe you literally just paste the link into the editor...let's try...

Nope...

<space for hire>
    Right, it's simple. Take the above photo, for example. The page for that photo is here:

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/santosh_bs/media/cGF0aDovYmF0ZG9nLmpwZw==/?searchTerm=dog&page=1

On the right, you've got a section called "Photo Hosting Links" - just click the "Direct" link (not the word), and it should flash and changed to "Copied".

Then just come back here, and there's a button in the editor between the "Link" button and the "Align Left" button that looks like a page with the corner folded. Click that, and paste your link in. Job done.
    <space for hire>
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 131
    Thanks @digitalscream..........I don't think I explained myself very well!  I'm OK with Photobucket and understand the process but they have now told me I can no longer embed photos unless I start to pay for an upgraded service.  So, I signed up to Flickr today but can't work out how to embed photos that I've uploaded to my Flickr account.  Apparently it is simple but clearly not simple enough for me!!!  :)
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2419
    Really appreciate that @Jimbro66, that's exactly what I need!
    Sorry, I'd just had a nap and wasn't really thinking clearly. On the bright side, I felt really well-rested afterwards.
    <space for hire>
    Sorry, I'd just had a nap and wasn't really thinking clearly. On the bright side, I felt really well-rested afterwards.
    :)
  • Mike58Mike58 Frets: 157
    As Flickr has no longer an embed option, is there any way to embed pics on this forum from Flickr ?
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1258
    edited May 2020
    Yes there is. This is how I do it.

Firstly, from the normal photostream or albums pages on Flikr, click on the photo you wish to embed and you go to the normal 'viewing' page (or whatever it's called) for that photo. At bottom right you will see a DOWN ARROW 'download this photo' button. Click on this and select 'view all sizes'.

Now you will be on the 'photo / all sizes' page. Select which size of photo you wish to embed on the forum. Next, right click on the image and select 'copy image location'. This is the link you will paste into the forum software.

On the forum, select the insert image drop down in the editor and paste the image link into the space marked image url. It is important NOT to press return. Use RIGHT CURSER instead (forum software quirk).

Bingo ... (note, the forum software will scale very large images to fit the page but the full definition will be viewable with right click 'view image')