13»

Comments

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1678
    This mornings updates:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• peteripeteri Frets: 1284
    Interesting thread I'm behind the queue waiting for Yuuki to refin a 56 Les Paul Special for me, no wood needed fortunately 

this is will look amazing I'm sure 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited August 2017
    And there she was, done. 

Bloody magic. 

Play the living bejesus out of it Rob. 

Thanks for the thread...love this stuff. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    Surprised he didn't move the treble-side bridge post further back - there's actually about a quarter of an inch that could be gained and still have it intonate correctly. It looks worryingly weak! Although I can't see any actual cracking…

Very cool to see something that has been 'made good' like this without any attempt to disguise its history.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1284

Looks wonderful - I have one with P90s, these things rock!

Plus - means he can now get on with my 56 Special - double win! :)

Enjoy!

ICBM said:
    Surprised he didn't move the treble-side bridge post further back - there's actually about a quarter of an inch that could be gained and still have it intonate correctly. It looks worryingly weak! Although I can't see any actual cracking…

Very cool to see something that has been 'made good' like this without any attempt to disguise its history.

We discussed it, but there is no lean currently. If something starts to occur later down the line, we'll deal with it then. 

This is is what Yuuki does best, there's no hiding anything here, just honest maintenance and making good others poorer work. He did actually blow finish over that plug though, even though it's under the guard and no one will ever see it. 

I'm looking forward to getting it back home.

Rob
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    peteri said:

Looks wonderful - I have one with P90s, these things rock!

Plus - means he can now get on with my 56 Special - double win! :)

Enjoy!

Good news. Post pics!
  • Ossyrocks said:
    ICBM said:

We discussed it, but there is no lean currently. If something starts to occur later down the line, we'll deal with it then. 

This is is what Yuuki does best, there's no hiding anything here, just honest maintenance and making good others poorer work. He did actually blow finish over that plug though, even though it's under the guard and no one will ever see it. 

I'm looking forward to getting it back home.

Rob
    I think that's a good decision. On these old 'uns, if it ain't broke, leave it alone. 
    I’ve swapped out the original A2 magnets in the pickups for some A4’s. Quite a difference!

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/115705/comparison-of-magnet-types-in-humbuckers-video#latest