Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

A Baby Art Guitar: neat idea.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Exorcist said:
    I certainly wouldn't want some other kids artwork on a guitar! but my daughters, hell yeah! I wouldn't do that thinking I was ever gonna sell it (and I wouldn't pay anyone, I'd do it on a guitarbuild partscaster) But I am a soppy git with my daughter (3yo) so.. different folks, different strokes I guess...

I may have expressed mild approval. I knew people who sounded like they were throwing a party every time their daughter had a slash.
    I don't know if you are serious, but that genuinely made me chuckle :)
    Semi-serious. Probably a failing on my part, but I just didn't like making such a big deal of it. Like an achievement bell my daughter had at her gymnastics club. Everything is about over-encouragement. Maybe kids thrive on it. maybe that's why my daughter hates me! ;)
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    I'd do this. what a really nice memento.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2246
    I'm with @Nikko & @Exorcist - Everything my daughter does is epic.. she managed to draw a line with a crayon the other day and it was possibly the greatest line i have ever seen.. such craft, such finesse!

Not sure about on a guitar though.. like the pedal enclosure idea though... i'd make it a noise gate.  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I did this for my dad for fathers day a few years ago.  Got a cheap harley benton kit, let my kids scribble on it and then nitroed over it.  It worked out ok.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14753
    tFB Trader
    My daughter is 15 now, but when 3-4-5 I had a similar idea to this - never did it in the end - on a bitsocaster style guitar - either multi coloured hand prints, 5/6 brushes with different colours and splash/drip style, so I know where your mate is coming from - So do it now before to late
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1550
    Are 5 year olds the worlds greatest artists? No, of course not.
    The drawings they do are a memento of a brief time in their lives when they grow and change so fast. To have one on a guitar would be a lovely idea, and who cares what it looks like other than the person playing. If you are that bothered by how you look to others, perhaps find a job as a vocalist, no???

Adam
  • Gassage said:
    A mate of mine has a 'relationship' with MusicMan.

They are sending him a body blank, for his 5 year old to paint and colour on it, and then they'll take it back and nitro it, and build a guitar from it.

Now, I think this really has commercial legs - what a gift for new parents who are music mad.

As babies are, for obv reasons, a closed book to me, I think it's great but wondered if others shared my view?

Thoughts?
    Is this what Jamie Humpries has posted on Facebook?
    Awful idea. Who really wants to have a 5 year old's artwork on show. One of those things that parents are supposed to like but in reality? Better kept in a memento box..

I'd agree with this, after thinking about my 5 year-old's "back catalogue" :). He's gone through phases with drawing dinosaurs, cats, Transformers, Super Mario and cars. IMHO while something a child draws today may be amazing, what they produce will move on and the old stuff looks lame and dates quickly, by comparison.

• I've been tempted to buy a couple of those little Harley Benton guitars from thomann, strip the finish, let the kids loose with paint on one each, then clear coat over and reassemble and fettle. Not expecting a masterpiece, but something they can learn on and a nice keepsake...
  • Imagine playing at the local biker pub with this on your Telecaster?  :)

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175

Can I get this as a finish?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Fine if it's your own kid's artwork but if it's other people's kids then it's all I can do to not throw up at the crap that's stuck on the fridge.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom