OH FFFFFFFS !!!!!!!! ARRRGGHHH !!!!

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25496
Just got home, opened the mail..... been done for speeding AGAIN.  IN THE SAME PLACE, just 72 hours after the first one.  37 mph in a 30.

I cannot believe I would have driven past the same camera van, over the limit, TWICE in three days.

Bastards.  I'm going to request photographic evidence of both alleged offences.

For fuck's sake.... that's a hundred and twenty quid.  Bastard assholes.
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 11024
    Over the limit means the speed limit - just to clarify?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Maybe slow down?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25496
    viz said:
    Over the limit means the speed limit - just to clarify?
    Well, of course.  I don't think plod have developed a camera that can detect alcohol consumption.  I never drink and drive - ever.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

How about change your number plates*, I'm sure I could "find" some for you to use..........  >:D<

*Don't do this it's illegal.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    edited August 2013
    FFS! Right. Next group project: devise a method of giving Emp an early warning of mobile speed cameras before he loses his licence and has to travel everywhere by boat.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    FFS! Right. Next group project: devise a method of giving Emp an early warning of mobile speed cameras before he loses his licence and has to travel everywhere by boat.
    Some sort of dial in from of him that tells him the speed he's traveling at. We could then go out and stick up signs displaying the speed limit along the side of the road, with a handy rule book thrown in for good measure, a sort of code of the highway perhaps. 

Something along those lines?
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 11024
    So do you not get points for that or is it just fines these days?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• 6 points too

I was done twice in 3 days last year, different cameras one was me assuming it was a 40 and he other was because I was sandwiched between 2 lorrys who were having a go at each other so I sped up to get out of their way, I was going to contest it but couldnt be bothered...

After that I got in to a couple of near misses because I was speedo watching, I moved to a geared bike and all has been good since then as the speedo is better placed than on the rev and go and the gears give me a good indication of the speed I am going..

I did a speed awareness course for one of them, I enjoyed it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    edited August 2013
    not_the_dj;17119" said:
    chillidoggy said:

FFS!

Right. Next group project: devise a method of giving Emp an early warning of mobile speed cameras before he loses his licence and has to travel everywhere by boat.

Some sort of dial in from of him that tells him the speed he's traveling at. We could then go out and stick up signs displaying the speed limit along the side of the road, with a handy rule book thrown in for good measure, a sort of code of the highway perhaps. 

You know, I reckon you could be on to something there.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    Never had a speeding fine despite some pretty questionable driving habits.
    Have I just been lucky then?
  • Some sort of dial in from of him that tells him the speed he's traveling at. We could then go out and stick up signs displaying the speed limit along the side of the road, with a handy rule book thrown in for good measure, a sort of code of the highway perhaps. 

Bloody ridiculous. It'll never catch on.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4153
    Fucking pigs.
    I swear, if I could get away with taking a muck spreader tanker and pumping it into the camera van, I would.

I might just do the speed awareness course for one of them this time.  I can't afford to be on nine points.  Three come off in October anyway - that takes me down to six if I end up having these two recent ones added.  I wonder if I could get away with going the speed awareness course twice ;-)  With both tickets so close to each other, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if I was offered it for both.

octatonic said:
    Never had a speeding fine despite some pretty questionable driving habits.
    Have I just been lucky then?

Yes. Unless there's a collection of slightly broken speed cameras in your garage.

Will you bastards stop giving me facepalms !  It's bad enough being done for speeding twice in three days - AND - the fucking torx security screwdriver I bought off ebay arrived today - and it's the wrong sodding size.  AND I've ran out of alcohol and the nearest purveyor of alcohol is three miles away, and I've already had some, so I can't drive.

All I need now is for the dog to shit on my head and we're done.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28014
    Emp_Fab said:
    All I need now is for the dog to shit on my head and we're done.
    Well, he went to the effort of pissing on your towel. You're so ungrateful, you've got a facepalm :D
    <space for hire>
  • Have you tried pressing that pedal in the middle occasionally?

PSN id : snakey33stoo
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74392
    mike_l said:

He may need one of these

[Reliant Robin]

No, they're capable of 70... which is really quite frightening. And as Mags pointed out in another thread, the brakes are shockingly useless so slowing down when you see a speed camera might be tricky.

A 1950s/60s 2CV with the 425 or 435cc engine (that isn't a typo, and they presumably felt the extra 10cc was necessary!) is only capable of about 55 on a good day though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tonyrathtonyrath Frets: 51

Man with red flag going in front suggests itself