NGD and NAD!

What's Hot
ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
Today I managed to drag myself down to the capital to drop off Benny's Gold Top. Rotten sod wanted it back and refused to sell. Ho Hum. He's also borrowed the Anni Les Paul for the band's next studio session. Whilst it was a bugger to drop off a guitar that I have lusted after for 20 years, it put me in close vicinity of my mate's house - who had collected an amp I won 6 weeks ago on eBay. Work schedules meant I haven't had chance to get close to it.

The amp in question is a 2005 40th Anniversary 65 Twin Reverb. I'm a big fan of a really clean amp, and have wanted to add a Fender into the mix for a while. It's a lovely bit of kit - with every bit of chime you could wish for. No foot pedal unfortunately, so will source one of those.

Here it is:

So it is clearly an amp and therefore should be in the amp section. But the sharp-eyed amongst will notice that leaning up against the amp is an actual guitar. Turns out a very nice guitar.

I was a bit worried about this one. I bought it on Facebook about ten days ago. It is a real case of a signature model doing the job it is supposed to - selling a guitar. I am a big admirer of Derek Trucks, and when a signature SG popped up I thought - why not? It's not a Les Paul, he's a player I like, and it looks like a nice instrument.

Then it went awol in shipping. 

Oh dear. Not good. An SG, bouncing around parcel depots? No thanks.

Hey presto when I lugged the amp into the house there was the box. And it's all perfectly fine. Even the headstock looks bent in the photo. It's not. Busted top e when I tuned it, and my strings are at the office, but in five string mode it sounds great. Finish is good and I love the bound fingerboard. It's based on his 61. I have no idea how close it is to a 61 SG because I've never played one. But I like this one!

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments