Using PayPal GIFT to pay for stuff

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Does it normally take a couple of working days to come out of your bank account, when using Paypal Gift, if you select the free Bank account option, rather than the card option.
    If you can read this then my time machine works.

My feedback thread is here.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57602/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 604
    edited December 2017
    I looked into PPG and it is still possible to go pear shaped - just file as unauthorized transaction apparently that will get you a refund. Not sure if the invoice system @TTony advises will prevent this.
  • notanon said:
    I looked into PPG and it is still possible to go pear shaped - just file as unauthorized transaction apparently that will get you a refund. Not sure if the invoice system @TTony advises will prevent this.
    I don't think that's any different to telling your bank a payment is unauthorised. You'd definitely have to prove it.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 604
    @Legionreturns ; I don't know, that is the info I found on the web and linked to possible scams?? I do realise that it may be incorrect but a few similar stories. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    notanon said:
    I looked into PPG and it is still possible to go pear shaped - just file as unauthorized transaction apparently that will get you a refund.
    That might work as a one-off (for the scammer).

However,  if they did that repeatedly, I'm pretty sure that their bank and/or credit card company would notice.  And you really don't want to be risking your credit status for a few ££s. 

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.