Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The 2018 theFB Challenge **Now OPEN**

What's Hot

Comments

• TTony said:

(a) I was confident that my dear wife wouldn't give me a 56 Strat for Christmas (I was right), and

You'd have felt right daft if she had though ...
    ;)

Say that you're going to get it done by end Q1 and I'll gladly add you into the list of entrants.
    I'll definitely complete the build by the end of Q1. Honest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16542
    TTony said:
    Index post (#2 in the thread) now updated with links to the entrants' thread/s where started
    :)

WezV said:
    I am struggling to think of one, mainly because I have already started a few projects.
    I don't think that "already started" is grounds for exclusion given the "flexible" criteria for this challenge (and the fact that at least one other is very already started).  Pick the one that would be most interesting to share?
    Well there are 2 Les Pauls, but they are not really in the challenge spirit since I have 2 similar build threads already on the forum.  They also won’t be finished in 3 months.

there is the Firebird, but that’s half way there already. The squier strat rebuild would have been well in the spirit, but again,mostly there.  Getting them completed is my Q1 focus

Just bad timing on my part.

• <space for hire>
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    Ok, I have a plan. It’s not strictly guitar related, although it will lead to guitar building action.  @TTony would it count if I made myself a custom router table?  I looked and looked and looked but couldn’t find one for Christmas which fitted in with my fairly strict requirements, most of which stem from the fact that my ‘workshop’ is also the utility room.

Let me know if it’s a goer, if not I do have some guitar stuff which might then have to wait until Q2 (as I need a router table :) ).
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    Why not @randella - it fits with the theme!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    TTony said:
    Why not @randella - it fits with the theme!
    @TTony - much appreciated.  Build thread here...

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/121767/c18q1-randella-s-router-table#latest
  • I guess I am a bit late to the party, but I've just found this and joined up as I'd like to have a go.  I'm not exactly sure what I'll do yet, but I'll have a think and come up with something.  I've got an old Squier strat that might be something to start with (though I'm not exactly sure "guitar I already own but slight nicer" is something I'd have wanted for Christmas...)
    Go for it @tigermountain.  We're 4 days into the 3 month challenge period, so you're not really late!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    edited January 2018
    My inability to decline an unmissable bargain on pre-owned pickups means that I have more of them than I have host instruments into which to fit them. One such "bargain" is a Seymour Duncan Pro Active J pickup on which the output cable had been cut back ridiculously short. After several years, an opportunity has arisen to deploy this pickup without needing to make a fugly splice in the cable. 

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/121886/c18q1-vintage-pj-duncan-bass#latest
    Be seeing you.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    My inability to decline an unmissable bargain on pre-owned pickups means that I have more of them than I have host instruments into which to fit them. One such "bargain" is a Seymour Duncan Pro Active J pickup on which the output cable had been cut back ridiculously short. After several years, an opportunity has arisen to deploy this pickup without needing to make a fugly splice in the cable. 

(Link to thread will follow.)
    Ultra thin and slim travel bass??
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    Worse!  :s
    Be seeing you.
  • Hi all, I'm going to have a crack at this using my first partscaster build. Not sure if I'll get it finished for the end of Q1, but I'll give it a go. Stand by to be bombarded with basic questions. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I did start a thread but I didn't put the C18Q1 bit at the start - now edited
    Updated the runners & riders list - looks like we've got 19 people playing atm.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3044
    TTony said:
    Updated the runners & riders list - looks like we've got 19 people playing atm.
    Even if only half get finished, I think the idea can be considered a success
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader

Man.. I must be loosing it. Only just saw this thread...

In theory I am in.. Im just finishing a build and will probably move straight on to a new one anyway :) It just depends on some of the other events happening in my life at the moment.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26748
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Just added my thread with a brazilian-inspired build :)
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1839
    Alright, I'm in. My DIY Tele kit became a pile of bits over the weekend. The rebuilding saga begins...
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.