Southern Jam, Fest, Studio session ... 2nd June.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    BRISTOL86 said:
    A bit too far from me - and my confidence isn’t quite where it needs to be yet to get over that fear of playing around other people - but I’d certainly be revisiting that with another year’s lessons under my belt :) 
    I’ll do you a deal!... you know D, you know C and I’m betting you know G...

ill do the fiddy bits, you just play the chords... Bill the bass banjo who is gonna be there already knows the tune!...

”she sells sanctuary” by the cult!

regardless of what’s on the set list, ill get up with you, Bill and Darrin and we’ll play that!... it'll
    sound fantastic and you’ll have a recording of it!...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    Sorry chaps... I won't be joining you this time.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    poopot said:
    BRISTOL86 said:
    A bit too far from me - and my confidence isn’t quite where it needs to be yet to get over that fear of playing around other people - but I’d certainly be revisiting that with another year’s lessons under my belt :) 

ill do the fiddy bits, you just play the chords... Bill the bass banjo who is gonna be there already knows the tune!...

regardless of what’s on the set list, ill get up with you, Bill and Darrin and we’ll play that!... it'll
    Three chords! You flash bastard! 

Seriously though I’m really keen to get involved in the future - just not this time around. It’s the weekend before we go on hols too so not ideal timing anyhow!
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 9105
    BRISTOL86 said:
    poopot said:

Three chords! You flash bastard! 

Seriously though I’m really keen to get involved in the future - just not this time around. It’s the weekend before we go on hols too so not ideal timing anyhow!
    "One chord is fine. Two chords is pushing it. Three chords and you're into jazz."

-Lou Reed

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12857
    As posted on the southern one, despite not having any of the requirements to come along except owning a guitar can you put me down for a spot please.

I have offered to drive if any of the southampton 'crew' want a lift which may be my biggest contribution to the day.

I don't think I know how to play any of the songs but if you need someone to play really badly and out of time let me know what song and I will fathom out how to play a really basic version of it.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7403
    It’s a very welcoming atmosphere - if someone only felt comfortable strumming a G chord at the relevant time in Comfortably Numb they could, each song can take three guitarists so people can play at whatever level feels comfortable. They would still come away feeling they’d overcome the “first time playing in public” hurdle and want to come back next time and learn a new song. At the Northampton Jam we had four people playing Basket Case at the same time, so if the odd bum note was played nobody noticed!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Hi,

Myself and 'pcurtis100' are on if there are still places.  Also replied in the Events thread.

Jules