Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nazi Pug owner fined £800

What's Hot

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15769
    I feel absolutely certain this will be turned over on appeal. Not least because the courts don't want to be inundated with cases brought by people who've been offended. 
    I hope so, but otherwise as you say, the test seems now not to be is this offensive to someone is offended by this, and it's not hard to find someone who is easily offended. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Bit disturbing that it is reported that Tommy Robinson supported him in court - I'd have told him to stay away, doesn't exactly do Dankula's image any good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16267
    There will always be a certain type who are professional offended, over-sensitive and attention -seeking .....it's become a modern trend .
    There is a difference between jokes that are not in good taste (ie this case) and statements that are intended to wound or provoke in a malicious sense. Can you prosecute for bad taste ? .....I don't think so ( or I wouldn't have a shirt left in my wardrobe !)
    There was a parallel skit on YT by a Muslim guy offended because his kids were into watching Peppa Pig which he called " Da most Harammest 'ting " ....he wanted the character replaced by something more diversely suitable and suggested "why not Ali the Cat ?" .......Perhaps some were offended by that .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24617
    edited April 2018
    To quote Stephen Fry...   "It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099

Seriously, does anyone think he, or his pug, are actually literally nazis? 
    Personally I don’t think the guy is a nazi...

as for the dog?...

he was just following orders!....
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There are plenty of people who are professionally offended on a daily basis. Perhaps they will now be employed by lawyers to find them work. 

*ring ring* 

"Hello. We understand you were recently offended and it wasn't your fault. You could be due thousands in compensation" 

Etc etc

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Jeez God damn snowflakes. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6408
    Emp_Fab said:
    To quote Stephen Fry...   "It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."
    Whilst I agree with mega-mind on this, I'm pretty sure he'd be far less tolerant on topics very close to his heart such as mental illness issues and gay rights.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6408
    Emp_Fab said:
    In other news, I've just spotted that this is my one-thousandth thread on the forum.

A thousand???  That can't be right!
    I agree, it feels like a lot more ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    The owner is a bonafide nazi too though. He was chumming up with Tommy Robinson at the court case. Also, any joke which involves laughing whilst repeatedly saying "gas the Jews" deserves to be dealt with under law.

Also, I have a pug and they are dumb as a bag of rocks. To train it to do something like that would involve loads and loads of repeated practice and training, so it would have taken a huge amount of effort for something that is supposed to be 'just a joke'.
    8reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Jalapeno said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Whilst I agree with mega-mind on this, I'm pretty sure he'd be far less tolerant on topics very close to his heart such as mental illness issues and gay rights.
    Well I doubt he'd flake out and call for the offender to be prosecuted.

I imagine he'd argue his point on it, which is his right.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27039
    edited April 2018

The owner is a bonafide nazi too though. 
    Based on what? How many videos of his have you watched? Because if you've watched any (including the one at the centre of this), you'd realise that the whole point is that he's the opposite of a "bonafide nazi". He's said again and again that the "Nazi" approach was taken because it's the most offensive thing he could think of.

He was chumming up with Tommy Robinson at the court case.
    I didn't realise that associating with somebody who holds views you don't like means that you automatically hold those views too. When did that rule come into effect?

Also, I have a pug and they are dumb as a bag of rocks. To train it to do something like that would involve loads and loads of repeated practice and training, so it would have taken a huge amount of effort for something that is supposed to be 'just a joke'.
    That's part of the joke, that he was willing to go to such lengths. Also, roughly half of dogs are more intelligent than the average for their breed, by definition.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 14reaction image Wisdom
  • Succinctly put @digitalscream ;  ...

When I read that post I may have sworn. 

The erosion of our right to speak freely is gathering pace and some people, that think they are liberals, seem only too happy about it. Doesn't make sense! Liberalism is about freedom, not rules to protect the overly sensitive. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    edited April 2018
    Ridiculous to prosecute, but like most Nazis, I bet the dog has never even read Mein Kampf.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Also, any joke which involves laughing whilst repeatedly saying "gas the Jews" deserves to be dealt with under law.
    Even when the context is made perfectly clear and it is obvious that absolutely no anti-Semitic malice was intended whatsoever? It's amazing how many people see fit to call themselves liberals and then would be quite happy for freedom of speech to be thrown in the sea over a stupid joke.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14725
    edited April 2018
    In my opinion, the saluting pug case is just another example of legislation being misapplied to normal human behaviours.

Kilgore said:
    I bet the dog has never even read Mein Kampf.
    I have attempted to read both Mein Kampf and Kapital. Neither is a bundle of larfs. I gave up on both pretty quickly.  

Bucket said:
    Jews
    anti-Semitic
    Jew and Semite are not directly interchangeable. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    For a Scottish bloke he has quite a good German accent.
  • fobfob Frets: 1431
    He nails it here:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27039
    The erosion of our right to speak freely is gathering pace and some people, that think they are liberals, seem only too happy about it. Doesn't make sense! Liberalism is about freedom, not rules to protect the overly sensitive. 
    This is the real worry. There are only a handful of occasions where a so-called "democratic" government has ever relaxed its grip on the behaviour of its population, yet there are several orders of magnitude more occasions where it's tightened it.

When viewed in that context...you have to ask people how many loosely-defined freedoms they want to give up forever?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5882
    fob said:
    He nails it here:

Put bluntly, the Journalist is a Cunt! Imagine my Shock ;)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.