SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted Valve Amp!! :-)

What's Hot
Bluetonic73Bluetonic73 Frets: 60
edited April 2014 in Amps £
Hi, im currently seeking a decent 2x12 all valve combo,maybe 30 45 watts, around £500 budget, if anyone has anything interesting not already listed please let me know. Im playing rockabilly, blues/rock, rock and roll at the moment. Cheers!!!
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25557

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    I might have a 2x10 Custom Vibrolux Reverb, but that'd be more than £500 I'm afraid....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How much more please? Thanks
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I've got a mint 50w Marshall vintage modern 2x12 combo, revalved and has a roqsolid cover. £400. Leicester.
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    edited March 2014
    Probably around £675. It's had most of the Mark Moyer mods done i.e. Negative feedback loop, preamp change to vibroverb, reverb only on bright channel.... I'm just waiting for the time to sort out a crackle on the reverb, which may be a tube or may not. PM me if you're interested though.
  • golockygolocky Frets: 1
    I've got an Orange AD30R that I'm considering getting rid of.  It's a US model  (same as here: http://www.newkingsroadguitars.co.uk/guitarshop/Orange_AD30R_2x12"_Combo.html), so you have to play it through a converter.  I'm looking for something in the neighbourhood of £650.  Amp is in good condition.  It's been gigged, but not extensively.  Few scrapes and marks, but overall very well looked after.
  • Thanks for the replys so far, still on the hunt. Fender Bassman anyone?? 
  • BowynMadleyBowynMadley Frets: 160
    Genz benz black pearl? 30 watts. Would be great for rockabilly with a strat or tele. More than loud enough.
  • dilbertdilbert Frets: 203
    Why not look for a good 1x12" with an extension cab ?. It gives you more flexibility if a little more bulk.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dilbert said:
    Why not look for a good 1x12" with an extension cab ?. It gives you more flexibility if a little more bulk.

Yeh definitely keeping an open mind

• Still on the hunt, tried a custom classic Vox bloody awful, quite impressed with the hot rod deluxe iii, thought they would be too bright but not so. Anyway more funds in the pot, widened search criteria, WHY???
  • moz91moz91 Frets: 38
    Marshall jvm210 of any interest to you?
  • How about a blackstar ht60 2x12?

Excellent condition with cover and footswitch....and you would still have £125 left over!!

£375

• Marshall DSL401 (1 x 10 but bloody awesome) 40 watt all valve loveliness. I reckon perfect for that classic sort of rocky sound you're looking for.

Fantastic condition, very well loved and looked after (pics available if you're interested,) with original footswitch. £400. Leaves you £100 change. 
  • Isn't the DSL401 a 12"??

I have one and am 99% sure its a 12" speaker!!

• Shaunyshaun1234, that was a test. You have passed. ....   :\"> Thanks for pointing that out. Sorry, super brain fart. 

The point I was making was that the sound quality is not lacking for only having 1 speaker, which I'm sure you can attest to !! 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25557
    Find another £100 and buy Drew's 5150 head.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    got a 4x10 Blues Deville for £500 if you want it?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ModernistModernist Frets: 39
    Got a 90's JCM 900 dual reverb.......