SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Fender Stratocaster

What's Hot

Looking for a lovely 22 fret Strat with 2 point trem that stays in tune.  I am OCD about tuning, and know how to set up a guitar (but don't want to re-cut the nut) - some just stay in tune and some don't.  I will test it with a clip on Polytune after diving it etc.

Cosmetic condition unimportant.

Ideal is tobacco sunburst with rosewood neck..but there are many good colour combos.

I'm also interested in Strat Plus and Strat Ultras etc.

I'm told 88-91 is a great period for Strats but of course everyone will have their opinion :)

Thanks,
Andy

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4898
    edited August 2018
    What do you mean by stays in tune?  When you tune it or when you use the trem?

I have a Strat that stays in tune for weeks at a time in the just tuned it sense but I suspect that isn't what you actually mean.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, stays in tune after bending strings violently....and diving the trem...that's why I said I would check with the tuner after diving it etc :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4898
    Sorry, I didn't understand your banter.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    It's not a Fender, but you can do worse than looking at the Yamaha 611VFM. Wilkinson Trem with Grover Tuners, holds tuning well when I mess around with the trem.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8475
    My classic player 50’s Strat is the most stable guitar I've owned. Love that thing.