My love of Road cycling - the end of an era

What's Hot
I love my road bikes, I've always really enjoyed my 12 mile each way commute when I can but about 3 years ago I had a big off in the ice damaging my right shoulder and because I didn't get it fixed quickly, a load of associated damage to C6 and C7 discs and nerves

I've been trying for the last year to get back into the road bike scene, but I could no longer ride my main bike, not only did I have big confidence issues, my shoulder was killing me in all riding positions.

I bought a gravel bike for the slightly more relaxed geometry but still decent manners on the road, had a fit and everything but after 8 months I have to finally give in. The pain is just too much and no matter what I've done by way of changing bits around to get a better fit the fact of the matter is every time I get on a drop bar bike I'm in agony for days after.

I rode my lads mountain bike at center parcs last week and of course because of the ride position I was pain free. 

So I think the time has come to accept that I'm not going to be able to do this any more and if I want to continue riding to work I'm going to have to sell my road and gravel bikes and buy a mountain bike. But I just can't get my head into the idea of commuting on a tractor when I have been commuting in a Ferrari

Anyone else commute on an MTB, is it as bad as I think it might be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments