Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The London International Guitar Show - Kempton Race Course - 28th Oct

What's Hot

Comments

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    I've just booked a stand with Ivison Guitars :) 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14029
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
    will be good to see you again - In action - Bacon butties are crap at this show Neil - Can't remember about the coffee, so maybe take that into account
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4978
    miserneil said:
    will be good to see you again - In action - Bacon butties are crap at this show Neil - Can't remember about the coffee, so maybe take that into account
    Maybe I’ll bring you both a decent coffee from outside, how do you like it?  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3260
    tFB Trader
    Less of the favouritism please, we all need coffee 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
    Maybe I’ll bring you both a decent coffee from outside, how do you like it?  :)
    at 9am in the morning after an early start I judge all guitar shows by the coffee and bacon buttie - Bristol and Kempton are probably the worst
  • There only 1 bacon butty shop at the show?
    tFB Trader
    New noise policy in place for London Guitar Show, so quote from the organisers

'We have decided to try a different approach at this year's London event at Kempton Park where the first ten minutes in each half hour will be "noise time" (within reason) and the next twenty minutes will be quiet. 

During quiet time, electric guitars and pedals can still be demonstrated through an amplifier but at acoustic guitar volume only. We would suggest providing a headphone facility for demos if you want customers to experience overdrive or volume during quiet times

During "noise time" we would still ask for restraint and for exhibitors to demo at necessary and reasonable volume only. '

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    To be honest that's a little tedious and hard to keep track-of. The way it works at the Birmingham show is better, with fewer, significantly longer breaks in the noise, signalled by a klaxon so everyone knows when quiet time starts and ends.
    I've been doing quite a few shows for the past couple of years, and the only significant noise problem was at the Wigan (North West?) guitar show earlier this year when a guy selling amps demo'd the things with a backing track for almost the duration of the show (to lure-in buyers?) Potential customers trying stuff out tend to be at least a little self-conscious and don't go on for ages.
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3260
    edited October 2018 tFB Trader
    That'll be Phil Harris bored after every 10 minute slot then
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    To be honest I'm glad that it'll be mostly quieter. Don't get me wrong I love a loud valve amp at full tilt, but just don't like 20 valve amps all at full tilt with 20 different discordant tunes playing.

I'm going to try and check this one out
    edited October 2018 tFB Trader
    terada said:
    To be honest I'm glad that it'll be mostly quieter. Don't get me wrong I love a loud valve amp at full tilt, but just don't like 20 valve amps all at full tilt with 20 different discordant tunes playing.

I'm glad that some restraint has been brought in regarding noise levels - It is hard to have a decent conversation with anyone about anything with a perpetual level of gain rammed down your throat - Granted far harder for amp/pedal builders to demonstrate in such noise free conditions, but trying an electric guitar need not be that loud for so long
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    terada said:

I'm glad that some restraint has been brought in regarding noise levels - It is hard to have a decent conversation with anyone about anything with a perpetual level of gain rammed down your throat - Granted far harder for amp/pedal builders to demonstrate in such noise free conditions, but trying an electric guitar need not be that loud for so long
    Absolutely. At the Olympia show I was mostly looking forward to trying an Atkin guitar or two. I held one, sat down to play it, but couldn't hear anything. Could barely hear the rep.

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3113
    tFB Trader
    Looking forward to this one. I'll be there with my usual lineup of PR18, Tweed Vee, Hawker, and Plexi 18.

I'm also going to be offering free valve testing during the quiet periods, just bring along your spares and we'll put them on my tester and see how they perform.

See you then!

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

tFB Trader
    all boxed and ready to go - See a few familiar faces I hope and some new ones so come and say hi
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Here's my stuff coming to the show.

Chameleon humbuckers & Frigid Haze loaded partscaster
    Texan Hailstorm loaded Strat (with a dummy coil experiment I've been messing around with lately)
    Murky Horizon staple P90 loaded LP

And just a few pickups.
    And probably whatever bits and bobs I can rustle together to round out the table.

Going to be fun to finally be on the other side of the tables.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7730
    See you all there!
  • ATB_GuitarsATB_Guitars Frets: 214
    edited October 2018
    We’ll be there with a selection of 55 vintage guitars (some of which are pictured below) plus 2 PRS.

No matter what your thoughts on vintage guitars or us are, we would more than welcome any forum members who can pop in, say hello and have a look, touch, feel, smell or play some of the rare items we will be bringing to the show. Even if it's just to chat about guitars, you would be most welcome.

See you on Sunday!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    @ATB_Guitars - I see you've hidden the chocolates again, Mike.  =)

Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1 said:
    @ATB_Guitars - I see you've hidden the chocolates again, Mike.  =)

Yes not many left now Dave!
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    I can see me having to bring my own next time. This is not good.   :o
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom