Amusing dad music comment

thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9712
edited April 2014 in Making Music
So i was playing guitar and trying to practise singing again last night, and ended up playing some Velvet Underground, whilst attempting a particularly stirring rendition of "Heroin" in practice for the drone music challenge, my dad who must have started earwigging outside the room, when i finished he said "Sounds good, your songwriting is coming along really well now isn't it?".
Uncontrolled laughter from me followed, rather amusing
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5850
    Gaaaah, you should have stifled the laughter, looked at him in the eye and said.

"If you think that one is good, wait till you hear this one, it's called "Viscious"

:D
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744
    edited April 2014
    The songs are from the Velvet Underground LP that was released in 1967, it was played to death by a lot of Dads when they were teenagers in the 1970's and 80's. I played covers of the Velvet's songs in a band in the early 1980s.

In music, you just have to wait a while and the old becomes new again.
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9712
    The amusing thing with this is that the extent of his velvet underground knowledge is their name, and his whole opinion of Lou Reed is "Perfect Day is a bit depressing", so clearly a bit of placebo effect (not the band!) going on trying to like what I'm writing, or not writing in this case.

I think when the cool kids were listening to them, ny dad was thinking that Tom Jones and Clapton were pretty awesome. Actually that still seems to be the case, bless him
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic