Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

John Mayer using Fender on 2019 tour footage

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
So I've seen some recent Instagram footage of John and he's using a strat, rather than his PRS..... Interesting...
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hilarious. They all come home in the end. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • He never claimed to be stopping using his existing Strats. He just wants fancy new shit as well. Don't we all?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • And a sack of cash obviously
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    He never claimed to be stopping using his existing Strats. He just wants fancy new shit as well. Don't we all?
    obviously 'the search for everything' that he may like goes on
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So PRS money buys what? 10 months of loyalty?
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14743
    The Silver Sky is still listed on the Paul Reed Smith website. (If the business relationship is over, there will still be inventory to shift.)

Meanwhile, also spotted on their website, the PRS SE Schizoid Custom Jakko Jakszyk signature model with Red Cardinal graphic. 

Nothing he’s got, he really needs.
    Twenty first century schzoid Mayer.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What about that PRS Super Eagle II? Overly expensive, overly complicated, thin sounding mess, is he still playing that?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    Slow down you lot, @stickyfiddle said it - when he moved from Fender, he said he would continue to use his Fenders, he had a custom shop Charvel made not so recently too, which is part of the Fender family. He has a deal with PRS, new colours this year, but he’s never claimed to use them exclusively - in fact he’s quoted as saying he’s just a gear-hound, like you or I, only difference is he sorts from “high to low” when shopping online these days!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2450
    If its this video below.....its actually labelled wrongly and was from when he did the Bud Light sponsored 'Dive Bar' promo gigs in ......July 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvCvocKTQ-Y
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14743
    Yes but all social media rumours are true. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    Its not that video @Strat54, have a look at his instagram account. 

Fair play if hes stradding two camps thou.. ive also seen him playing an SG which I didnt expect
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2450
    Jetfire said:
    Its not that video @Strat54, have a look at his instagram account. 

Fair play if hes stradding two camps thou.. ive also seen him playing an SG which I didnt expect
    The rehearsal gig pics? He loves that Black Strat....even with its warped neck. I doubt Paul is pleased when he sees pics like that.....but then JM is bigger than PRS in a sense, so I guess they will be happy with the exposure he's got them so far. 
  • When he's alone at night, in his bedroom, John lovingly picks up his Yamaha Pacifica 112 . "They'll never come between us", he whispers. "You're the only one for me."
    17reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1108
    Wasn't the reason he discontinued his Fender artist deal was due to them wanting him to only play Fenders exclusively as part of the deal but PRS said he could play any brand as long as he does Promotional activity abc and be seen playing said guitars and amps for so many songs a show etc.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not sure PRS is worried he said on one of those NAMM videos they hit 60 million sales or some lumpy number so if JM picks up a Strat now and again so what. 
  • When he's alone at night, in his bedroom, John lovingly picks up his Yamaha Pacifica 112 . "They'll never come between us", he whispers. "You're the only one for me."
    That would be pretty fucking awesome. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33957
    Whores will have their trinkets.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexO said:
    Wasn't the reason he discontinued his Fender artist deal was due to them wanting him to only play Fenders exclusively as part of the deal but PRS said he could play any brand as long as he does Promotional activity abc and be seen playing said guitars and amps for so many songs a show etc.
    I thought it was to do with their inability to clone a neck and something to do with how the former head of the custom shop got fired
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    He's said in interviews that he still loves Fender guitars/amps, but couldn't find a way to work with the company that let him bring out a guitar like PRS has.

They just released for new colours for the SilverSky at Namm, which as petty as colours sound, it was still talked about a lotttttt
  • When I saw him in 2016(?) he used both. He has also been using Twin Reverbs instead of his J-MOD amps from time to time with Dead & Co too. I think he just plays what he wants, it's just PRS made him the strat with his ideal specs. My tele fits me like a glove, doesn't mean I don't play my other guitars for fun.