Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The £1450 Mexican Tele

What's Hot
WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 773
in Guitar tFB Trader
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Baja-Telecaster/273705077229

Fender Baja Tele listed on fleabay @ £1450 ... REALLY?
www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! FREE DELIVERY FOR TFB MEMBERS (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    To be fair, it comes with a strap
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 773
    tFB Trader
    @JDE I'd missed that right enough ...
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! FREE DELIVERY FOR TFB MEMBERS (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5822
    There must be something of value hidden in the case lining.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 773
    tFB Trader
    Freebird said:
    There must be something of value hidden in the case lining.
    It is mexican right enough @Freebird ;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4155
    edited February 2019
    I do like a Baja, but he’s took the pickups out of it which are one of the best things about it. Ok, it’s also got a new bridge that some Americans jizz over on TDPRI, but really he could knock a grand off it and he still might not get the £450.
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1364
    Here's a cheaper one. What a player, klusen tuners, elixia strings, broardcaster pickup (it ROARS!), hell it's even perfectly internated!

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/fender-baja-telecaster/1329903264
  • "Weeks old since purchase"

and already it's had more parts swapped than Trigger's Broom. Sod that, if owner wasn't happy with it before and isn't happy with it now, what would it actually take? And that's before we even cover the laughable price.

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16465
    tough crowd, he says it's better than a custom shop tele, I see no reason why he'd lie...

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25003

"Weeks old since purchase"

and already it's had more parts swapped than Trigger's Broom. Sod that, if owner wasn't happy with it before and isn't happy with it now, what would it actually take? And that's before we even cover the laughable price.

Having upgraded all those parts, if I still wasn't happy with it I'd return the Baja to stock, sell it and keep the Rutters parts for something else.

My upgrades may be somebody else's downgrades.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    It's got a nice chrome pickup selector knob, mine just has a black plastic one. Probably the reason my one was £900 cheaper.
  • It's marked down to £1450 - it started at £1600! Complete and utter lunacy. 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2525
    edited February 2019
    To be fair there's easily £300 of Rutters hardware on there, £200 of pickups and then a £200 G&G Fender case so probably £800 to get it like that. So £720 for a new one stock plus that is £1500....so enough, but not as wild as you guys are making out.....and he'll take offers!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    Strat54 said:
    To be fair there's easily £300 of Rutters hardware on there, £200 of pickups and then a £200 G&G Fender case so probably £800 to get it like that. So £720 for a new one stock plus that is £1500....so enough, but not as wild as you guys are making out.....and he'll take offers!

I reckon you've talked yourself into it!

Make him an offer.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'd strip the good parts and sell the rest off.....not for me. 
  • Strat54 said:
    The guitar, case and all the parts are 2nd hand now, so not worth full price.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    No one said it was worth full price, was merely explaining his rationale and lets face it most of us privates are clueless when it comes to pricing these days. For someone who wants a modded Baja then it would save them a lot of time and hassle.
     Shorts pickups are no longer made and quite sort after in Tele circles fetching prices more than they cost new and Rutters hardware is amazingly high quality.....you can sell his hardware over here for very close to new prices due to the hassle of import/duties and shipping costs/time. 

• Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 281
    Lol that is rediculous.  If your buying a guitar like that who cares about them kind of upgrades.  The whole reason you buy the baja is because its good value. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1221
    I've made an offer...fingers crossed!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8475
    The price is laughable. 
  • NikcNikc Frets: 637
    I read the description and had to be held back from buying it ;)