Accidentally wrote a jazz song

So I was trying to pretend to be high to jam for the drone fretboard challenge, and I was trying to channel a few things, I like to thing "what would so-and-so do here" when a bit stuck. So-and-so in this case happened to be Jeff Buckley, and before I knew it I'd ripped off....sorry, written a song in the style of....one of his called calling you, but quite jazz guitary, which is not my usual strength. Funny how things go isn't it?
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    Of course you have to post it now so we can hear what you are talking about :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    Ha of course, I'll see what i can do, it does take an inordinate amount of time to record in this house though due to my horrendous hum noise problems, and of course I should be writing a drone... Might try and do the jazz demo on piano maybe to avoid the hum
    It's just so very odd how much of a tangent you can go off on when you're trying to be so focused on something else
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited April 2014

there we go, backing only though for a few reasons - firstly, my mic isn't set up at the mo, secondly my voice isn't in a good place today, and lastly because while i could remember the chords perfectly, the melody and words were less certain and I've forgotten bits of it

Not great playing i know! Also I've ripped off at least three bits from other songs, but tried to hide it a little though not hugely subtley... There's some strokes in there, some white stripes, some George Harrison even, no prizes except brownie points for spotting them