Shady eBaying

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• breadfanbreadfan Frets: 376

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    Bad form from the seller.

If you want a particular price either set a reserve or buy it now.

Don't try to lure in bids on a low start then snatch it away from the rightful buyer on completion when the price doesn't suit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • xKempGuitarsxKempGuitars Frets: 183
    edited April 2019
    Yes, I am the infamous "shady ebayer".
    A little annoyed that there are actual scammers and thieves out there, yet I pull out of one transaction (before any money swaps hands, I might add) and I get a whole thread dedicated to my antics. 
    Let me explain... Firstly, I have sold many stock builds in auction on eBay. The majority have broken even, one or two have made a loss. NEVER have I pulled out of a sale before. EVERY single one of those past listings/sales have been honoured and I've received positive feedback from those happy customers. 
    Sadly, on this occasion, I was not willing to make a loss. The guitar cost me £600 to make including the cost of the case supplied, and that is the minimum I would like for it.
    I would also like to point out that I had it listed for weeks on various platforms prior to this auction listing, all at a set price - including Buy It Now on eBay. 
    Unfortunately, eBay Buy It Now listings have an infinite "Good til cancelled" listing time now, unlike auctions which can be set to run for as little as 3 days and up to 10 days, and I needed (need) to sell this guitar asap for various reasons, including paying bills - don't you all rely on getting your wages to pay rent, etc? Self-employed guitar makers are no different. Therefore, I thought, having promoted the hell out of this one, it might go for the £600+ I wanted - BTW, there was actually a Buy It Now price on the listing until the first bidder came in and placed a bid.
    Anyway, I hate eBay and not two hours before seeing this post I had already decided I'd not be using it again, instead going for Reverb or other as they charge a fraction in fees. The reason I didn't use the Reserve Price option because eBay rinses sellers with that along with regular selling fees! 
    That's all I'm going to say, and apologies again to @Jetfire ;;
    Kemp Guitars - Custom Made Guitars for the Modern Rock & Metal Guitarist
    16reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    What a dog shit response.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • xKempGuitarsxKempGuitars Frets: 183
    edited April 2019
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    edited April 2019
    @KempGuitars ; Thank you for clarifying.

I have never played any of your instruments. I cannot comment on the quality. I will say, however, that underpricing them is self-defeating.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    Yeah but you've already said you had a minimum you wanted, but that you chose not to use the reserve feature to save yourself a few quid.

It didn't reach the price you assumed it would, but rather than take responsibility for your gamble you screwed over your customer. Not great is it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • MODS Slanderous posts and comments to be deleted or expect legal action
    34reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Oh dear.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Thread closed due to multiple flags and a threat of legal action.
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8591
    Thread closed pending moderator discussion
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.