SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Anyone owned a Gibson zoot suit guitar?

What's Hot
What's was/is it like? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    I’ve always fancied the SG, but they go for silly money now, and pickups are too hot for me. There’s a lot of glue in these plywood guitars, so guessing they’re heavy.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7348
    Stupidly heavy and poorly finished.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16667
    I haven’t but the reputation is of very heavy. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7348
    Played a load of them at a guitar show the summer they released and the finishing was really poor, rough edges, a bit like the Les Paul BFG, as in tooling marks everywhere and bits of wood fibre pushing through finish. Then I picked them up and they were really not very resonant, but extremely heavy for an SG, overly heavy to the point of stupidity.
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2807
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12660
    Not long after they came out, average ebay used prices were around £350. Now theyre up for around £1000. I'd say overpriced. I tried one in a shop and fell in love with the look but on closer inspection it was like a very good A level woodwork project. I think it had been injected with lead.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom