SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Bristol midweek jam - co conspiritators required

nickpnickp Frets: 182
I'm on a guitar course.  i'm an ok player and am in a rock covers band, but I have the confidence of a very shy frog and get brain freeze if I have to stand up and play something that i dont' really know/haven't rehearsed.

Would anyone like to go to a studio and practice jamming/improv.  What I'm thinking of is a midweek regular session (fortnightly maybe??) 

I'm interested in starting with some blues and funk jam standards (I don't know any at the moment) to gain some confidence/improve my ear and then move to some jazzier/latin/santana-esque stuff too.

give me a shout if this sounds of interest - I'm kinda thinking to agree a few songs the week before, then go play them, and build up a repertoire, but also get build the confidence (and ear) to play something that I don't really know - so here's a chart - lets just play it.

anyway give me a shout if you are interested - if we can get a couple of us together then we can grab/find/kidnap a bass player and drummer and go from there.  I'm based East Bristol so will try to book an east bristol or central rehearsal room initially. 

sense of humour and balanced personalities only :) 

ta

Nick

PS  my longer term interest would be to morph into a funk/latin/santanaesque "thing" gigging regularly midweek somewhere (for no money so we can play what we bloody well like and not tunes for pissed punters) with an eye on some proper chords and learning to solo over stuff other than a 12 bar - but that's longer term developmental stuff - so it's best to ignore this paragraph and simply conclude that I have verbal diarrhea which occurs when I get hold of a keyboard.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Proper chords? Blinkin’ flips. That is serious.  ;)

And on that serious note, this is something that deserves to get support. Despite doing the Bristol Jam on 8th June this year, my work and travels rarely veer towards on this great city at the moment, leaving space for someone far more deserving.

@nickp take a gander at the attendee list for the Bristol Jam for potential jammers. All the best.

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Hey Bud,,,I might just be in Bristol next Sunday and have some free time....anyone free ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5594
    Hmm, this sounds like it could be interesting.  If you get something sorted I might be able to tag along if it's a fortnightly thing.  Keep me posted please?

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• nickpnickp Frets: 182
    just back from holidays so will pick up on this once we get sorted and message :)

thanks v much - have joined :)
    Haych said:
    Hmm, this sounds like it could be interesting.  If you get something sorted I might be able to tag along if it's a fortnightly thing.  Keep me posted please?
    will do - I'll pm whoever I manage to drag in, then we can have a beer and discuss, then get something going

@darcym ; @dazzajl @markslade07 @willlin ; - are you guys still interested as I'm about to get my shit together and apologies for the delay - life went muddy for a while.

nick
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited August 2019
    I'd be up for joining in on some weeks :-) if it fits around my usual rehearsals. Cheers 

I can do bass/gtr/vox
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    yup, certainly interested
  • Probably have to count me out for a while, new band is taking up most of my (very little) spare time...sorry guys 
    I think I have sent a message to everyone who expressed interest - trying to set up a whats app or facebook group to chat and arrange beerage