PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    Only 8 entries in and 5 days left until the competition closes. Any more for any more?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    I’ll be putting something in, just haven’t had the time when the light is decent. 
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    beed84 said:
    Only 8 entries in and 5 days left until the competition closes. Any more for any more?
    I'm still mulling over which one of my two mediocre attempts to submit and i'm blaming @stickyfiddle for his "product shot" comment...until then i thought they were both pretty decent and now I'm thinking Guitarist 5* promo shot  ;)

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26749
    cj73 said:
    beed84 said:
    I'm still mulling over which one of my two mediocre attempts to submit and i'm blaming @stickyfiddle for his "product shot" comment...until then i thought they were both pretty decent and now I'm thinking Guitarist 5* promo shot 

I didn't mean it as a negative thing. Much more just that I'm trying to push myself to think more "arty" in all photography. 

FWIW, my other option was this one:

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    sorry @stickyfiddle i wasn't trying to imply your  comment was negative, just that it made me think again about the pics in a new light   

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26749
    cj73 said:
    sorry @stickyfiddle i wasn't trying to imply your  comment was negative, just that it made me think again about the pics in a new light   

No worries. I’m looking forward to seeing yours!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • cj73 said:
    beed84 said:
    I'm still mulling over which one of my two mediocre attempts to submit and i'm blaming @stickyfiddle for his "product shot" comment...until then i thought they were both pretty decent and now I'm thinking Guitarist 5* promo shot 

I didn't mean it as a negative thing. Much more just that I'm trying to push myself to think more "arty" in all photography. 

FWIW, my other option was this one:

I really like that
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11789
    my rejects, all taken with my iphone:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    After taking what I hoped would be some "creative" shots for this months' competition, I went to collect my prints this afternoon only to find they hadn't exposed -- I was disappointed to say the least. However, I ended up walking away with a DSLR with the intention to recreate what I had in mind before the competition closes. Fingers crossed!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    beed84 said:
    After taking what I hoped would be some "creative" shots for this months' competition, I went to collect my prints this afternoon only to find they hadn't exposed -- I was disappointed to say the least. However, I ended up walking away with a DSLR with the intention to recreate what I had in mind before the competition closes. Fingers crossed!
    Have you worked out why they didn’t expose?
    beed84 said:
    Well, I got another ME Super body because the smear on the focusing screen on my other one was annoying me. I'm not entirely certain why they didn't expose, but it's possible the film slipped off the spool. Having said that, it did feel like it was advancing when I took shots, so it could be something else altogether.
    beed84 said:
    beed84 said:
    Well, I got another ME Super body because the smear on the focusing screen on my other one was annoying me. I'm not entirely certain why they didn't expose, but it's possible the film slipped off the spool. Having said that, it did feel like it was advancing when I took shots, so it could be something else altogether.
    Are the negs completely blank?
    beed84 said:
    beed84 said:
    Yep, completely blank. Any ideas?
    beed84 said:
    beed84 said:
    beed84 said:
    Either the take up spool didn’t take up and the film stayed in the cartridge or the shutter isn’t firing at all. 

If you open the back will it let you fire a shot off to see if the shutter opens?
    beed84 said:
    beed84 said:
    beed84 said:
    Either the take up spool didn’t take up and the film stayed in the cartridge or the shutter isn’t firing at all. 

If you open the back will it let you fire a shot off to see if the shutter opens?
    Thanks mate, it must've been the spool as the shutter is working fine. Noob lesson learned. 
    beed84 said:
    beed84 said:
    beed84 said:
    beed84 said:

Thanks mate, it must've been the spool as the shutter is working fine. Noob lesson learned. 
    When you attach it, fire off at least 2 shots with the back open to make sure it’s taken up. Maybe even three. On a 36 exp roll you’ll still get 36 (or you might lose 1) but that’s better than losing 36 :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Either that, or the lab you sent it to are crap. 
  • @ourmaninthenorth I really like your photo - and that amp looks super-cool! What is it?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

I've not had trouble with them before, so hopefully your first point is correct  :)
    beed84 said:
    I've not had trouble with them before, so hopefully your first point is correct  :)
    You should do your own developing - honestly.. it’s easy, requires a relatively small initial outlay, and each roll is 1/10 the price to develop compared to a lab. Heck, I’d even teach you how to do it - fool proof