Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Jam Session Manchester

What's Hot

Anybody fancy a jam in Manchester?  I have a studio Stockport way, would like to entice some of you bedroom players out and get you rockin’ in the free world.  I have drummers and bass players at the ready.  Will be the new year but anybody who wants to make some noise would be welcome.  All for fun with an emphasis on getting the quiet dudes out of their shell.  Let’s wake some beasts. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641
    edited December 2019

To add, pro’s welcome too, the only rule would be no judging or ego.  I’m of the opinion everybody has a hit in them, so let’s here you’re shit.

There’s no catch, good free fun.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • By all means keep me posted! I'm huddersfield based but not a million miles away 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    I’ve done a few of these events and love them, it’s a great way to progress on from being a bedroom player. They’ve always had a great collaborative atmosphere, with loads of encouragement. I’d be interested in attending if I’m free.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1

• Okay I’ll get something sorted in the new year.  I have rehearsal space but hardly ever use it.  
  • I'm up for it. I'm in the Stockport area. There are a number of other members in the area too.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5239
    I travel up to see my in-laws in Sale so could tie that in nicely, and avoid said in laws :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    edited December 2019
    Interested.......though I'm not sure about the grammar on "lets here you're shit ' ...;-)....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ooh yes please,please keep us posted about this,some amazing shit can happen at these meets.
  • I'm over near Burnley so Stockport is no issue. Im mainly into blues/indie noise making stuff so if that's anyone's thing then count me in. 
    How very rock and roll
  • I'd actually quite like to put myself forward for drum duties mostly for this. It's what I'm concentrating on most in the new year. 

Happy to bass, guitar, sing etc if needed, but if you want a dedicated thump monkey that would be my preferred option. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • spark240 said:
    Interested.......though I'm not sure about the grammar on "lets here you're shit ' ...;-)....
    Good spot.  Well it was 3am after my works do, so I’m actually quite proud it made any sense at all.

I'd actually quite like to put myself forward for drum duties mostly for this. It's what I'm concentrating on most in the new year. 

Happy to bass, guitar, sing etc if needed, but if you want a dedicated thump monkey that would be my preferred option. 
    Cool, hired on the drums!

I'm over near Burnley so Stockport is no issue. Im mainly into blues/indie noise making stuff so if that's anyone's thing then count me in. 
    Sounds good to me!
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Count me in - sister in law is in Stockport so we're over that way quite often. 
  • watching..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
  • Is the going to be an ongoing thing and what do you have in mind in a session? I'm in North Manchester but know a couple of us would be up for it from time to time but various skill levels and as it's a 20-30min drive just trying to get some info for the others. I'd like to practice a bit more wailing seeing as most of my practice over the last few years has been on the acoustic - just dialled in some mean sounds on the ID Core but have to think about the neighbours if I'm not using headphones! 
  • BradBrad Frets: 658
    I’d be happy to help out in some way time permitting. 
  • I’m interested in this too. Keep me posted please.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RustySpannerRustySpanner Frets: 553
    edited December 2019
    Happy to give a lift from Burnley via North Manchester.  2 spaces available. 

One year in after a 25 year break. 
    I can make tea?
  • Sounds good to me. I work in Stockport so keep me in the loop
  • danodano Frets: 1568
    Yes interested. Im in Chester and need to get back into playing. 2020 plan to get a new band together.