General Gaming thread

What's Hot
guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4066
edited December 2019 in Off Topic
** I can't find a general gaming thread so I'm starting a new one. **

PS4 - Death Stranding 
I upgraded my PS4 to a Pro model over the weekend to cash in on the current deals and in doing so I've nabbed one of the Death Stranding bundles from Game that comes with hand-print version of the console, a neat-looking orange crystal DS4 and a copy of the game itself.

The thing is, that game looks bloody weird, and I'm not convinced I'll get far with it at all, so I've not even opened it yet as I'll probably move it on. Has anyone here given it a try yet before I do though? I'm not even sure what you're meant to do in it except (possibly?) walk around, deliver parcels, climb ladders, and avoid ghosts and Hannibal Lecter!

For context, I love Kojima's work usually, even when it does get a bit psychadelic and surreal!

Also currently playing:
  • The Outer Worlds, PS4
  • Red Dead Redemption 2, PS4
  • ESV: Skyrim GOTY, Switch
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2912
    Disco Elysium - one of the best and most unique games I've played in years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1170
    edited December 2019
    I just saw Outer Wild and I liked the game so much I'm kind of wishing it existed for the Nintendo Switch.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    I played Death Stranding for a few hours but it was just too dull for my liking.

Playing Jedi Fallen Order at the moment which I love. 
  • I played Death Stranding for a few hours but it was just too dull for my liking.

That's what I'm wary of!

I've got Jedi Fallen Order on the way for xmas I think... I felt my presents.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    I played Death Stranding for a few hours but it was just too dull for my liking.

That's what I'm wary of!

I've got Jedi Fallen Order on the way for xmas I think... I felt my presents.
    Very good! 
  • Not really played for a few years, I have recently had a brief dalliance with the new COD Modern Warfare campaign, I'm about 2/3rds way through and will finish it over Xmas hols. Not sure what else to play after that. Getting TV time in our house is a premium.My favourite games to play have always been the GTA games.

I want GTA 6 and am interested in the new XBOX Series X which I'm guessing it will be released to play on. The big problem for me is the size & shape of the new XBOX Series X, it won't fit in my TV stand!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Currently playing:

Jedi Fallen order - Xbox One X
    Phoenix Point - PC
    Battletech 5 - PC

Really enjoying each of them, but especially addicted to Phoenix Point. It's the spiritual successor to the original X-Com and is VERY addictive!
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Time is limited atm, i'm still working through Total War WH 2.. a bit behind on the times :)
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23906
    Still playing Elite Dangerous

Recently got the new COD, and I'm liking that a great deal.
  • Outer worlds, RDR2,  green hell, all ok pc, RDR2 probably one of the best games I have ever played, especially with pc graphics and first person 
  • All other games have fallen by the wayside for me since I got into Overwatch.

It is by far the most "team" oriented game I've ever played. Which is why it is so bloody good when your team works out and simultaneously unbearably frustrating when it doesn't.

To my eternal shame I'm also loving watching the Overwatchleague. I'm probably enjoying it more than I have enjoyed meat sports in recent years 
  • FarleyUK said:
    Currently playing:

Jedi Fallen order - Xbox One X
    Phoenix Point - PC
    Battletech 5 - PC

Really enjoying each of them, but especially addicted to Phoenix Point. It's the spiritual successor to the original X-Com and is VERY addictive!
    How does Pheonix Point compare to the xcom remakes?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    I play sporadically and only on console these days

Last game I dived into was Ghost Recon Breakpoint which I quite enjoyed (languishing half way through campaign as usual - I run out of steam usually and don't finish them lol )

Might give the latest "free" PS Plus game a go - Titanfall 2 
    Red ones are better. 
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1083
    I'm mainly playing Destiny although I'm currently cleaning up trophies on COD MW for the platinum.

I want to get Death Stranding but I'm waiting for it go sub £30 - it's currently £33.99 at Argos though.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    The 2 people.i know who have played Death Stranding said

1. It's basically a walking simulator
    2. I'm not sure if call it a game as such 

If you play it let us know what you think 
    Red ones are better. 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    trying to get into DARK SOULS but i am struggling a little bit to fully enjoy it. it feels so old fashioned. 

desperate to play DEATH STRANDING
  • wibble said:
    I'm mainly playing Destiny although I'm currently cleaning up trophies on COD MW for the platinum.

I want to get Death Stranding but I'm waiting for it go sub £30 - it's currently £33.99 at Argos though.
    Woah, didn't realise it had dropped already! In that case I'll probably give my copy a try.
  • bbill335 said:
    trying to get into DARK SOULS but i am struggling a little bit to fully enjoy it. it feels so old fashioned. 

desperate to play DEATH STRANDING
    It's funny you say that cos I now struggle to enjoy games that aren't Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro .. I give up on pretty much everything else now and go back to play the Souls games yet again. 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    BF-V....I just like it

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    bbill335 said:

It's funny you say that cos I now struggle to enjoy games that aren't Dark Souls/Bloodborne/Sekiro .. I give up on pretty much everything else now and go back to play the Souls games yet again. 
    i got up to the second castle section in Sekiro before i put it down for a while and haven't gone back. bloody love it. just beat gaping dragon in DS, was a wuss compared to capra demon in his tiny little deathbox!