Strymon Flint Favorite Switch

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
in FX tFB Trader
How does it work?

I'm thinking of getting one. 

Does it just remember the settings on the dials or does it remember the status of the footswitches as well?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    The manual doesn't mention footswitches, just knobs.

I could build one for like £20 if you're interested? Any layout you want etc.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3307
    As far as I remember, its saves whatever the dials are set to, and once saved and you change the dials, you are then effectively able to access four different sounds. However in only combinations of favourite on or off. 

Hope that makes sense?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    Deijavoo said:
    As far as I remember, its saves whatever the dials are set to, and once saved and you change the dials, you are then effectively able to access four different sounds. However in only combinations of favourite on or off. 

Hope that makes sense?
    Cool so hitting the favorite switch effectively changes the dials to a preset, but not the footswitches?
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Afaik, if you have a "favourite" setting for reverb and trem together, hitting the fave switch will call up that knob setting. I only ever set a favourite for trem, with the reverb off so that was all I got - trem. I had to kick in the verb separately if I wanted it, and when I did so I think it was how the knobs were currently positioned. Sorry for being vague but I had a favourite switch for all of 3 hours before I considered, for my purposes (I know some people "need" it) it to be really lazy and I sent it back, lol.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3307
    Sorry I explained that poorly. It will change it to whatever you save it as. As in trem and verb on or off as you set it. 

I think the Voddy is kicking in, so less sense from here on in from me I'm afraid. 

• digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3583
    I've got the larger (matches the profile of the Flint) of the two 'favorite' switches for sale: shipped for £27.50

I use a switch on my Flint...but I find it most useful for tapping the tremolo rate.

Calling up a favourite on the El Cap doesn't remember on/off status, iirc.

The Ola has an onboard favourite function which has better integration: the LED brightens when you dial a saved value back in, i.e. you can re-find your favourite so you can tweak it.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1826
    I maybe selling my Strymon favourite switch if you're interested?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    My plan was to buy a Bright Onion one as they are £25, but I'm not averse to someone selling me one.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1826
    My plan was to buy a Bright Onion one as they are £25, but I'm not averse to someone selling me one.
    well i wouldn't sell it for £25 so best go with the Bright Onion
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    See above: £27.50 shipped!
  • AbandonMuteAbandonMute Frets: 29
    I've got a Bright Onions one, works perfectly (it is, of course, extremely simple). 

Basically dial in your sound, hold the reverb button for a few seconds to save as fave - when you recall it definitely recalls which side(s) of the pedal are engaged. 

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    Deijavoo said:

Hope that makes sense?
    Cool so hitting the favorite switch effectively changes the dials to a preset, but not the footswitches?
    No, when you hold down the Fave switch to store a preset it presets things exactly as they are - on/off/knob positions/secondary settings.

When you have Favourite active, adjusting a knob or switch changes only that parameter or selection - the rest stays as the preset.

I've used Favourite switches with an El Capistan, Lex, and Flint and they all operate that way. On the El Cap is was a great way to call up a precise delay time for a song that needed the delay synced (and we used a muted strum on the guitar as the count-in - the delays were perfect for it lol) 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I just checked my El Cap: my 'favourite' does not affect the on/off status of the pedal.