SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted:

What's Hot
steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
edited September 2023 in Personnel
g

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What is it with bassists?. We're looking for our 3rd in less than a year!
  • steven70 said:
    Bass player needed.
    New project, playing Blues/R&B- nothing controversial...early Stones, Yardbirds, Fleetwood Mac etc
    Have a  good vocalist, drummer and lead guitar.

The bass player has flaked out - after long phone calls regaling me with tales of promoting Hawkwind in the 70s and being close mates with an ex member of the Fall, it seems he was reluctant to actually turn up with his bass and play.

Anyway, have a jam sesh booked Eastbourne this Sunday PM. 

If anyone wants to step in on bass for that session, you will be appreciated, whatever your ability or commitment.
    If you like it, we can take it from there but no commitment expected at this stage, just be good to have some low end going.

Drop me a line if interested.

Cheers

Sorted: gosh golly that was easy

Brilliant story - love these - maybe a thread on this subject if it's not already been done
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    edited September 2023
    g

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BernardJimBernardJim Frets: 1
    That's really funny Steven. I even read it out to my wife. It perfectly sums up the entire arc of events when trying to get a group of people in a room and organise something coherent. I have been terrified more times than I like to remember in such situations. I think that sometimes laying down a really prescriptive idea to see what folks can bring to the table when you have a structure in place, not rigidly unable to give ground but a structure nevertheless. That teases out how players tick and what sense of structure they have in their playing technique. But hey!, semantics eh?, I much prefer your take on it. That sounded like a new chapter edition of 'Withnail and I'. Any other humorous takes on a theme then count me in. We could do with some mirth during these tricky times- Stay well!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I remember meeting these kids in a pub who wanted to chat before we auditioned each other. We sorted a set, where to rehearse and the bassist goes, "Give me two weeks. I hurt my thumb at work last week. Going to take them to court and buy a bass and amp with the pay out."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom