PSA - dirt cheap delay pedal

What's Hot
thermionicthermionic Frets: 10010
edited May 2014 in FX
I popped in to Maplins on the way home from work to get a mains/IEC cable (£11.99), and saw they were selling these for £7.99:

£8!

OK, it's not brilliant - it's fixed at a slapback with only mix and repeats knobs... but there's a mod for a delay time knob if my eyes can handle taking out an SMD resistor.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You say it ain't brilliant, but does it sound okay at slap back? If so, that's a pretty decent spend!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10010
    It's not as bad as I anticipated actually. It does a rather nice slapback but also a passable pseudo reverb with the repeats up high and the mix low. Ideal for the living room amp!
  • That's pretty nifty. I'd never gig one for fear of breakage, but if it does one thing passably well, that's quite impressive!

Some folk say a klon only does one thing well, and that's more than 8 quid :p
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    £8? :)) Awesome :D
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10010
    I find it a little hard to believe that I picked up a brand new digital delay pedal for 2/3rds the price of a mains cable!
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    What I find hard to believe is that Maplins charge that amount for a mains cable!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Caline deep blue delay clone is another good one, cost me 17 pounds.