Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Flat Earth?

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    edited February 2020
    Personally I think he hit the underneath of the dome and totalled his little rocket. As he hurtled back down towards earth he was content with his fate, knowing that he was right all along. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71955
    Do we know if there was an successful prototypes of this 'home made rocket'
    It was very similar to Evel Knievel's Skycycle X-2.

Although the parachute of that deployed too early as well and he ended up landing in the canyon - having actually crossed it, but drifted back - a replica was built and flew successfully in 2016.

https://newatlas.com/eddie-braun-rocket-bike-jump-snake-river-knievel/45477/

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Clip of him doing the same thing in 2018 - you might think one succesful launch and landing would be enough.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71955
    Not sure what he was trying to prove, to be honest - neither of them were going to go remotely high enough to see the curve of the earth - or over the edge, if that's what he really believed. It's not even that easy to tell for sure from an airliner at 40,000ft.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356
    I think the giveaway was in his name, people like him do make me smile in a good way though. If nothing else the guy was a character 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • What a pleb. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • "God dang it..."

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    What a pleb. 
    He who dares, Rodney ..... he who dares ......
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    ICBM said:
    Not sure what he was trying to prove, to be honest - neither of them were going to go remotely high enough to see the curve of the earth - or over the edge, if that's what he really believed. It's not even that easy to tell for sure from an airliner at 40,000ft.
    Doesn't matter how high you go, you won't see the Earth's curvature as it's flat ;) . Presumably he was expecting to see all the countries of the world laid out below him...
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15475
    Octafish said:
    ICBM said:
    Doesn't matter how high you go, you won't see the Earth's curvature as it's flat ;) . Presumably he was expecting to see all the countries of the world laid out below him...
    possible also the 4 elephants, the turtle and 1 titan.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Always sad when someone dies too young but some folk really don't help themselves.

In related news I heard all the flat earth society had to fear was sphere itself.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    He's now a member of the Splat Earth Society.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9550
    I expect people attending his funeral will come from the four corners of the Earth...
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    Common sense and intelligence are often miles apart. It's a shame his perception on the matter couldn't be shifted. 
  • Octafish said:
    ICBM said:
    And be able to see where the "sun's spotlight" is creating day and night 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15475
    stolen from FB:
    Flat Earth Theory. Noun.
    The idea that all the world's governments, even ones that are sworn enemies, are working together, and spending billions of dollars, to hide a conspiracy that serves no financial or strategical purpose. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11807
    You can't stop people being stupid.
  • I've seen reports that the guy was using flat earth as a means to raise funds. An early crowd fund effort raised $ 300 - when he hooked up with flat earthers he raised several thousand.
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Please, not another flat earth thread...  I've only just recovered from the last one.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/