What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot
Another thread worthy of importing methinks.

Willow.  Fun fantasy romp that the family all enjoyed.
PSN id : snakey33stoo
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Watched Les Misereables the other night. One of the most spectacular pieces of cinematic stuff I have seen for ages. I was balling my eyes out like a little girl. On the flip side of that, Hot Tub Time Machine is also a recent watch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Last cinema film was World War Z. Not bad, not what I really expected but good anyway. Watched Paranormal Activity last night which was dreadful. Im planning to see The Conjuring very soon :-)
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 679
    Just watched Django unchained, I can confirm its very good. Les mis in my little lovefilm geloppy for later
  • tonyrathtonyrath Frets: 51

Just watched The Heat - very funny in a sweary sort of way  with two female cops instead of two fellas. Melissa McCarthy is very funny as is Sandra Bullock. This evening I watched an early Roger Corman movie Attack Of the Giant Leeches which has got to be one of the silliest monster movies outside of Ed Wood ever made. Good for a laugh on a Saturday night
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

HotRod.

Juvenille, Will Ferrell directed comedy about a teenager who wants to be a stuntman. Quite funny, and Isla Fisher*'s in it.

*always good to see..........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• fatherjackfatherjack Frets: 180
    Now You See Me - four magicians in bank heist caper with more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing - reasonably enjoyable hokum, 7/10.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15475

Red Dawn, the recent remake, beyond dire, but in a compelling way. I'm often amused by American paranoia about being invaded by a malevolent foreign power when they've spent so much of their recent history invading other countries.

Wild at Heart. Not seen this for some 22 years, amazing to think back to when Nick Cage still made good films.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    mike_l said:

HotRod.

Juvenille, Will Ferrell directed comedy about a teenager who wants to be a stuntman. Quite funny, and Isla Fisher*'s in it.

*always good to see..........

One of my favourites, although Will Ferrell produced rather than directed it..

I watched The Guilt Trip last night, it was better than reviews had led me to expect.
    My V key is broken
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Currently watching the 2006 version of "Night of the Living Dead".

It's awful.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got 12 Monkeys, and 13 Assassins on my playlist for this week. Unfortunately they're two separate films, not one awesome one. :(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flash Gordon.

Cheesier than a cheesy thing covered in cheese with cheese on the side, but fun.

And comments about Ornella Muti
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows. Slick, good-looking, predictable and instantly forgettable, perfect switch-your-brain-off Saturday night in fodder, but I'd hoped for more. 6/10
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    "Oblivion" - Great visuals and sound, fairly entertaining. :)
    The Great Culling; What's in our water. A docu about fluoride. Fuck, they really are out to get us.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Saw the new Lone Ranger film yesterday -  a little long but otherwise very watchable and probably predictable but I like the first pirates of the carribean film and as a kid I liked the LR so it was my kind of film :)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26743
    Prometheus 
    Still shit, and now MrsF agrees :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Oblivion: loved the look of the film - the CGI is really top notch and Tom Cruise was pretty good [I think the role was developed with him in mind]. The plot had more holes in it than a Swiss cheese and borrowed too many ideas from other sci-fi films, but it did have a couple of decent twists and English actress Andrea Riseborough was excellent as the communications officer. Worth a watch if you've not seen it.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Last night I watched Raging Bull and Flightplan consecutively.

Raging bull was awesome as ever. Great screenplay and absolutely beautiful to look at.

Flightplan was shit.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    I watched the first half of 'The Keep' the other night - dodgy 1980s horror thing with an impressive cast list. It was almost vaguely ok until the monster appeared, and then it was shit. I only started watching it because the soundtrack is by Tangerine Dream, but even that was a bit crap too really. Lost interest after that and went to sleep.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

got that on the magick box to watch, thought with a cast list like that it has to be good. P'raps I won't bother now.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom