Is there a way to hide certain (coronavirus!) categories?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Would be helpful to be able to hide "Politics & Economics" without hiding Off Topic too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    octatonic said:
    Would be helpful to be able to hide "Politics & Economics" without hiding Off Topic too.
    That's odd @octatonic ; - I don't see P&E threads in my Recent Discussions view, but OT threads *are* included.

I thought that we'd made P&E invisible to the Recent Discussions view - same as BCD threads - so you could only see them within their specific section.  Are you sure you're seeing P&E threads in the Recent Discussions view??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24208
    Sorry to be picky here but..... why is the text "Discuss and exchange info relating to Covid 19" below the Coronavirus heading in a different font to everything else ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    The other section headings where you can see text below have sub sections. Sub section headings display in smaller text than section descriptions. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    Emp_Fab said:
    Sorry to be picky here but..... why is the text "Discuss and exchange info relating to Covid 19" below the Coronavirus heading in a different font to everything else ?
    Well, Mr @Emp_Fab  ;Picky, since you asked ...

It's because whenever whoever created the new category, they helpfully added a description for the Coronavirus subsection (as was, now promoted to full-on section).  That description being "Discuss and exchange info relating to Covid 19" (please put aside the picky observation that Coronavirus isn't just Covid 19) which is what you can now see.

There isn't an equivalent description for any of the other section headings (that *you* can see) because they're all pretty much self-explanatory (please put aside the picky observation that a subsection headed "Coronavirus" is pretty self-explanatory too), so, as it's the only visible instance of the font used by Vanilla (I know, not very configurable, but that's picky) for such content.

'k?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    TTony said:
    octatonic said:
    That's odd @octatonic ; - I don't see P&E threads in my Recent Discussions view, but OT threads *are* included.

I thought that we'd made P&E invisible to the Recent Discussions view - same as BCD threads - so you could only see them within their specific section.  Are you sure you're seeing P&E threads in the Recent Discussions view??
    You are right- it is more that it doesn't remove it form the left hand sidebar, like hiding another sub-forum does.
    It isn't a dealbreaker- I just thought it would be helpful for folks who want to entirely hide a section of the forum.
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1894
    Thanks for this, @digitalscream!! Nice to get the full forum experience back without the coronadrama.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 619
    Thank fuck! Thought I was the only one getting bored with a guitar forum becoming a cv19 forum. Hidden!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom