SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Silvertone 1449 Re-Issue in 'Black Silver Flake' with Upgrades.

What's Hot
JeebasJeebas Frets: 105
edited December 2021 in Guitars £

Here's the official blurb:
"The Silvertone 1449 electric guitar is a true reissue of a 1962 classic. It includes single-coil lipstick pickups and the popular '60s shape. Combined with the latest hardware to modernise playability - including a C-shape neck profile and a through-body bridge system".

I bought this great, reasonably-priced guitar at the end of last year with a view to using it as an open-G-tuned slide guitar for a new blues project.

It's in mint condition and has been upgraded with all new electrics (pots, jack socket, switch & wiring - it now sports Chicken Head knobs on separate master volume and tone pots rather than the stacked pots of the original) a set of high-quality stainless steel saddles, a set of Sperzel locking tuners and a new nut.

I just had all the work finished (professionally) before lockdown kicked in and so I never actually played it with the band and it's been hanging on my wall ever since.

Sounds and plays much better than it did in the stock configuration.

£200 PPG

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments