MIM Tele - new bridge day (Gotoh Wilkinson WT-3)

What's Hot
chotu495chotu495 Frets: 356
Instead of taking my usual route of “its more expensive, so it must be better”, and upgrading my Tele, i’ve decided to try some new parts, starting with a bridge.

I had already added Fender locking tuners a couple of weeks ago, and had also asked the question of the forum “what is the pricing sweet-spot” for telecasters.

Other than looking nicer (to me) better stability, and really quick string changes, thats about all I can say about the tuners. Money well spent.

Today was the day to do a bridge-swap. No real reason for choosing this one, other than brass saddles and capable of intonation adjustment. I had no real expectations, although I hoped i might be able to hear a difference.

Long story short, my Telecaster not only looks like a Telecaster, but also now sounds like one.

Day and night difference.

Sustain is about double what it was before, everything sounds improved, and for some reason, the guitar is easier to play. Pick attack now results in a big increase in volume compared to the old bridge, and it all just sounds ace.

Very happy, and the best £60 i’ve spent on a guitar  :)

I also note that Suhr use this bridge on their T shape, so my Mex is now in good company (yes, i do like Suhr, but can’t/won’t buy one...yet)

Next stop is a Tusq nut. Bit more worried about this, but i’ll take some brave-pills.

If anyone has any tips about adjusting intonation on this bridge that they’d be able to share, that would be very helpful. I will research it later, but always happy to get good advice from here  ;)

A pic of my now re-juvinated Tele,

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4898
    I have that bridge too.  As you say, its a really good thing and gives good sound and even better, much improved intonation.  Of all my guitars - 3 x LP, Strat and Sheraton, its the one most intune.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 961
    Did the same to my old MIM Tele, makes a world of difference. Also have one as stock on my Vintage V72. Amazing sound. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom