Toontrack - EZ Bass

What's Hot
Just got an email today, it’s due to be released on May 19th. 

https://www.toontrack.com/meet-your-new-bass-player/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• midiman1962midiman1962 Frets: 100
    My current bass player lives in a Digitech Creative Trio pedal - he's very co-operative and always learns new songs quickly.
    Can play for hours with little complaining
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2304
    If this is anything like as good as EZDrummer 2 and EZKeys then this might be a no-brainer.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222

First they came for the drummers, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a drummer.

Then they came for the keyboardists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a keyboardist.

Then they came for the bassists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a bassist.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    timmypix said:
    If this is anything like as good as EZDrummer 2 and EZKeys then this might be a no-brainer.
    no-brainer would be such a good name for a virtual bassist plugin.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 972
    Just noticed the prices on here;

LIST PRICE – 179 USD – 159 EUR – 1,295 SEK – 135 GBP – 16,500 JPY
    It’s out now.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    £129 at Time and Space if you fancy saving a few quid.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    £129 at Time and Space if you fancy saving a few quid.
    Cheers @mrkb ;

I will put off buying this for now as I bought a budget Ibanez bass last year that does the job for me.  It does look interesting though. I use EZ Drummer 2/ Superior Drummer 3 & EZ Keys, I’m sure that this new Toontrack product will be popular. 
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    How does it compare to https://www.amplesound.net/en/pro-pd.asp?id=19 ?

I still prefer to play my parts on my own bass though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    How does it compare to https://www.amplesound.net/en/pro-pd.asp?id=19 ?

I still prefer to play my parts on my own bass though.
    @pintspiller looks like on your link, you play the notes via the midi keyboard. On EZ Bass you don’t need a midi keyboard, the programme will create a bass line that fits along with your chords/drum groove. 

https://youtu.be/lYJjqX6HTCU
  • Lodious said:
    timmypix said:
    no-brainer would be such a good name for a virtual bassist plugin.
    "No complainer"
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    I watched the demo...I wasnt really impressed TBH....I use EZ drums ..thats good

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LightB4soundLightB4sound Frets: 161
    I've had it a few days now and have been quite impressed. Here are a couple of videos I made.  

Making a complete track in 10 minutes 

And looking at the audio to midi conversion, writing a bass part on guitar. Works really well I think.

Hope you find them useful.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1971
    I have it. It sounds great. It’s also really consistent too. Some basses I’ve recorded in the past seem to have an imbalanced low end across the fretboard. 
    Some of the best basses (and bassists) I’ve recorded over the years seem to have a consistently fat low end regardless of where you choose to fret a note. 
    I’ve just replaced the bass on an album I’m producing/recording/mixing at the min, and the mixes are translating much better on every system. 
    Usually I would obviously use the recorded bass, but I did drop the ball slightly when it came to bass this time round and the tone we used was a little strident in the low mids and lacked some sub. 
    This has fixed that. If you put the time in to programming it, the results are as realistic as you’d need. No one is telling the difference. 
    The mixes sound much fatter and the low end is real consistent. I can now drop the kick drum a lot lower (frequency wise) and I can match it with the bass, and I’m now getting a massive and controlled low end which is now nicely controllable. Plus, with the additional low end, I can be a bit more forceful with the top end. 
    Net result is that I have somehow managed in my 10+ years of doing this professionally, and having somewhere between 750-1000 mixes under my belt, to put a mix on in the car, listen to it, and not actually need to change a thing. 
    Its been well worth the price of admission. 
    No more tuning basses with melodyne before recording guitars so they sit nicely on top etc. either. 

Once the album I am working on gets released, I’ll post some links so you can hear it in action. I’ve been very impressed. Between that and Superior Drummer 3, that’s your rhythm section sorted. 

I’m impressed with it. Wouldn’t hesitate to use it on any record. 
  • None of the demos really sounded that great to me on this and tbh the music I write doesn't revolve around chord progressions so the auto bassline thing would be next to useless too.

I do fancy getting my hands on this at some point:

But then, the bass is usually the least hassle to play in as you don't need to quad track it and its normally a simpler part so difficult to justify the purchase..maybe black friday. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I’m using drummer, keys and bass for songwriting and they are all ace! To get a quick demo of a track, I think it’s unbeatable! 

• NerineNerine Frets: 1971
    EzBass is good. I use it a lot. If you take the time to program it properly, the results are good. 
    But this is genre dependent though.
    I wouldn’t want it playing on its own toooooo much without some guitars etc over the top of it. 
    What is really good though is it’s consistency. And the tuning obviously. Two things that are really vitally important when recording bass. 

Some of the presets also sound a bit more realistic than others, I have found. 

As with anything, you learn the foibles and you can fool most people with it. 
    Good to read a good review from user experience @Nerine ;
    I plan on checking prices on Black Friday, but as it’s a fairly new product I doubt it will be discounted heavily.