What are Fenders customer support like?

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3757
Anyone know, bought some stuff from them direct that turned out to be a complete lemon.
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7448
    a lemon eh? can you a peel it?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12901
    There used to be a Fender company guy on here who was always pretty helpful. Matt something? 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1065
    boogieman said:
    There used to be a Fender company guy on here who was always pretty helpful. Matt something? 
     Think it’s @MattFGBI ;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    From my experience, they’re pretty good. Matt has helped me before and so has the Uk centre in general
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3757
    Sorry guys, Im being a big Wendy! I bought some of their T shirts in the sale, both large, when they arrived one was at least two sizes smaller than the other yet both were large? Not a biggie I know but I do really need some new T shirts! It was also described as 100 percent cotton which is why I bought it, its polyester, I dont do plastic very well!
    Anyhow, thats my big Wendy rant for today, Ive had a beer since!
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    Matt from Fender is a top dude
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
    I’ve used the Message Fender function in the Fender website and never had a reply!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• They've been really good for me in the past replacing some cables which I'd gigged the shit out of. I wanted to test their lifetime warranty and it was so straight forward. 

Infact, they actually sent me upgraded cables from what I had! 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32382
    I've received emailed schematics for newly released amps directly from Fender in the US very promptly long before they've been released to the public.

There's a guy called Jeff in the Fender Amps division who's a real amp nerd and is happy to talk innards. I know that shouldn't be a surprise, but big corporations don't always have the right person in the right job. 
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 1018
    Recently sent customer support (US) a mail, small question regarding the authenticity of a Tele I'd recently sold. Came back to me within 24hrs with a very detailed reply that totally cleared up all of my concerns. Very personal, not just generic responses, excellent service.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1660

When I had a first generation Player Tele (with the bent steel saddles that made it nigh on impossible to change the strings), Fender took it back, replaced with the block steels, installed a bone nut (as string spacing was slightly out) and restrung with a decent set up.

I was pretty impressed..

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1235
    p90fool said:
    I've received emailed schematics for newly released amps directly from Fender in the US very promptly long before they've been released to the public.

There's a guy called Jeff in the Fender Amps division who's a real amp nerd and is happy to talk innards. I know that shouldn't be a surprise, but big corporations don't always have the right person in the right job. 
    Who/how did you message to get the schematics? Wouldn’t mind having a nosy at the schematic for my bassbreaker 18/30
    Alex2678 said:
    p90fool said:

Who/how did you message to get the schematics? Wouldn’t mind having a nosy at the schematic for my bassbreaker 18/30
    Ooh bloody hell, I knew someone would ask! I'll do a search on my emails, it was about four years ago so give me a mo...
    @Alex2678 ; it was this guy, I hope he's still there, he's really good!

Jeff Bielke

Consumer Relations Representative

Fender Musical Instruments Corp.

17600 N. Perimeter Dr., Suite 100

Scottsdale, AZ 85255

480-596-7195

jbielke@fender.com
    tFB Trader
    p90fool said:
    @Alex2678 ; it was this guy, I hope he's still there, he's really good!

Jeff Bielke

Consumer Relations Representative

Fender Musical Instruments Corp.

17600 N. Perimeter Dr., Suite 100

Scottsdale, AZ 85255

480-596-7195

jbielke@fender.com
    Maybe don't put his details on the internet
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024

When I had a first generation Player Tele (with the bent steel saddles that made it nigh on impossible to change the strings), Fender took it back, replaced with the block steels, installed a bone nut (as string spacing was slightly out) and restrung with a decent set up.

I was pretty impressed..

Haha oh man I got through two of those things at the time. 

Gave up after that. 

The nuts were insane eh. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    @monquixote those are his consumer relations details not his private ones, it's his job. 
    tFB Trader
    I'm sure he still won't thank you for the amount of spam he's going to get.
    It's all over the Fender Forum though, which dwarfs this one. 
  • dariusdarius Frets: 689
    They've been really good for me in the past replacing some cables which I'd gigged the shit out of. I wanted to test their lifetime warranty and it was so straight forward. 

Infact, they actually sent me upgraded cables from what I had! 
    They’re a bit slow at responding to emails, but they do respond. 
    I had two gigged cables break at the shield joint solder, they were ok to replace them if I had proof of purchase. Who keeps receipts for lifetime warranties eh? Not me apparently. They wouldn’t send new ones without it. So I resoldered it for home use only, and I won’t be buying any more Fender cables ever again.