Fender volume pedal

What's Hot
citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
edited June 2014 in FX
I've had a hankering to try a volume pedal & have taken a punt on one of these as it's compact & not too expensive if it doesn't work out..

Anyone any experience of this one? I'll be trying it after overdrives but before delay & reverb.
Seemed like a good idea.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25001
    I have the previous 'retro' cased version.

It's a bugger to get into if you ever need to replace the pot but is works superbly.

I use mine in the loop, after the modulation but before my delays.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Thanks Richard - does it let you set min & max settings?

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25001
    citizen68;265872" said:
    Thanks Richard - does it let you set min & max settings?
    No - the one I've got doesn't. Not sure about the latest one, though my guess is that the guts will be the same.

Morley and Boss did (do?) ones that allowed you to set the minimum level. I actually owned the Morley one for a while but found the sweep very uneven.

I that respect, the Fender is much better.
    Cool - thanks. Have never used a vol pedal before so unsure exactly how much use I'll get from it - will try outside loop first

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    I have the previous 'retro' cased version.

It's a bugger to get into if you ever need to replace the pot but is works superbly.
    I think building them is used as a form of torture for political prisoners in China...

It's even worse than other string-driven pedals!

Sadly the pot quality is very poor compared to the American originals too, so it's almost certain to need doing sooner or later.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited June 2014
    Is this the same with the new one IC? Was put off the EB Jr because of the string breakage thing but it still seems to be the most popular..

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    citizen68 said:
    Is this the same with the new one IC? Was put off the EB Jr because of the string breakage thing but it still seems to be the most popular..
    I don't know, but looking at the pic I suspect it may be a Cry Baby-style rack-and-pinion or a Boss FV-50-style crank - you can see a pivot point on the side of the foot rocker near the front.

These are much more reliable but have the disadvantage that it's difficult to build them so that the pot is turned through the complete rotation - often it doesn't quite go to one or other end of the track depending on how you adjust it. The FV-50 is like that, it usually stops just short of full volume at toe-down.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited June 2014
    Cheers - Will give an update / opinion when it arrives..