Lego NES.

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I have mine on order
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17552
    tFB Trader
    My son has already written his Christmas list with every Lego Mario set.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11857
    I got the starter pack in the post and picked up the one with Yoshi today.  
  • I wonder how many will be wasted on those who will just keep them mint condition in-box? :)

Looks amazing though! 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12316
    We were the first in smyths this morning for the starter pack and the one with yoshi too. My autistic 13 year old has been counting down the days. I decorated his room in a mario theme because he was so excited about it!
    I wonder how many will be wasted on those who will just keep them mint condition in-box? :)

Looks amazing though! 
    When I’ve moved to my new place I’ll dedicate a shelf for it  =)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26870
    I love it, especially how the level moves across the screen. 

But it’s really fricking expensive...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    munckee said:
    We were the first in smyths this morning for the starter pack and the one with yoshi too. My autistic 13 year old has been counting down the days. I decorated his room in a mario theme because he was so excited about it!
    I decided to head to a Lego store (extra 15miles) at 9:30am opening just so I make sure I stand a chance getting one.  There was already a queue when I got there at 9:20am.  They had max of 12 people at one time, I didn’t get inside until 10am and there was still a queue at 11am despite the city centre being pretty empty (Cardiff). The piano was selling very well too.
  • munckee said:
    I decided to head to a Lego store (extra 15miles) at 9:30am opening just so I make sure I stand a chance getting one.  There was already a queue when I got there at 9:20am.  They had max of 12 people at one time, I didn’t get inside until 10am and there was still a queue at 11am despite the city centre being pretty empty (Cardiff). The piano was selling very well too.
    got to wonder...why bother with all that when Lego have been selling them pre-order online? I have the Mario starter set on order, no faff required. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    got to wonder...why bother with all that when Lego have been selling them pre-order online? I have the Mario starter set on order, no faff required. 

I wanted it today, I wanted to give the car a run, I wanted to head to shake shack when I’m there and I also wanted to get outside for a bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    That is incredibly cool, but I think I will await the sega master system version with Alex Kidd built in. 
  • I wonder how many will be wasted on those who will just keep them mint condition in-box? :)

Looks amazing though! 
    Picture please! 
    I wonder how many will be wasted on those who will just keep them mint condition in-box? :)

Looks amazing though! 
    Picture please! 
    I haven’t bought it yet lol 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3183
    How cool!
  • £200 !!!!!!!  It’s a nice bit of art definitely cool  but that’s a lotta dough for Lego 
    edited August 2020
    £200 !!!!!!!  It’s a nice bit of art definitely cool  but that’s a lotta dough for Lego 
    That’s how I look at this, something to display, pieces of Art.  Some Lego sets are clearly design for that, they are not toys for children really.  Like the batman Tumbler, it has so many pieces that falls off so much as you look at it wrong.  They are something to be made and display really.

i thought £200 for this is “cheap”, a rule of thumb is 10p per brick in a set and this has 2600 pieces so it’s about £50 less than I expect. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12316
    After my son had built his two sets and then built them into a single level I took him out for a drive (his favourite pastime). When we got back missus Munckee was looking harassed. 

She had put the finished sets on a tray to move them and dropped them so they disintegrated.  The Mario sets have no instructions on paper as it’s all by app so she had to rebuild it from the box photo!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckee said:
    After my son had built his two sets and then built them into a single level I took him out for a drive (his favourite pastime). When we got back missus Munckee was looking harassed. 

She had put the finished sets on a tray to move them and dropped them so they disintegrated.  The Mario sets have no instructions on paper as it’s all by app so she had to rebuild it from the box photo!
    Oh no , that must have been pretty difficult
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26870
    Just popped into my local Lego store and they had a bunch of both the NES and the Piano. Wondering if I ought to buy one of each to sell next time i'm in the UK..!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Just popped into my local Lego store and they had a bunch of both the NES and the Piano. Wondering if I ought to buy one of each to sell next time i'm in the UK..!
    Their prices will go up when they are discontinued, but that’s when that happens, it’s quite a large box to take up in your luggage too!