G2 Gig Rig

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15923
You still need something else to power all your pedals.yes?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveFSteveF Frets: 536
    I believe it comes bundled with a Gigrig generator, which powers the G2, but also pushes out enough juice to power your pedals.  It's a modular power supply though, so you will need some additional bits.- distributor and isolator for example. 
  • DrHungryDrHungry Frets: 116
    Yes. The included Gigrig generator won't power your pedals unless you also have a Gigrig distributor, isolator(s) and any other specific boxes for 18v, higher current draw etc that you might need. I power my G2 using the 500mA 9V output of my Truetone CS12 and use the other outputs to power the rest of my pedals. It works fine and fits with the current requirements specified in the manual. I couldn't stand the thought of multiple power supplies being required and it would have cost another £350+ to commit to the Gigrig modular power supply, which seemed like quite a lot after already shelling out for the G2.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1809
    DrHungry said:
    Yes. The included Gigrig generator won't power your pedals unless you also have a Gigrig distributor, isolator(s) and any other specific boxes for 18v, higher current draw etc that you might need. I power my G2 using the 500mA 9V output of my Truetone CS12 and use the other outputs to power the rest of my pedals. It works fine and fits with the current requirements specified in the manual. I couldn't stand the thought of multiple power supplies being required and it would have cost another £350+ to commit to the Gigrig modular power supply, which seemed like quite a lot after already shelling out for the G2.
    Wow how does the working musician afford this stuff :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 405
    I use the Strymon Zuma to power the G2 and my pedals. Does a sterling job at all of it and you don't need all the gigrig expensive adaptors.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    TBH, the Gigrig generator and associated gubbins is the quietest set up I've ever had. Its also very lightweight - most of the alternatives weigh significantly more. Its also more scaleable - ie if you add more pedals, you just add more distributors/isolators etc. 

I love my G2/Gigrig power supply set up - and think its one of my best investments. 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15923
    I have no experience of G2s ...is this how it works and a wee question for y'all

all your pedals are in the ON position and from there brought into play by the G2.yeah?

How does work then with dual pedal/channel ODs like the Kingsley Jouster that has two sides ...rhythm and solo channels?
    tae be or not tae be
  • DrHungryDrHungry Frets: 116
    Hootsmon said:
    I have no experience of G2s ...is this how it works and a wee question for y'all

all your pedals are in the ON position and from there brought into play by the G2.yeah?

Yeah

How does work then with dual pedal/channel ODs like the Kingsley Jouster that has two sides ...rhythm and solo channels

If your OD pedal has midi capability (e.g. Chase Bliss fare) or has input for external switching via TRS (e.g. can't think of any) or you can run the two sides in independent loops (e.g. D&M drive) the G2 has you covered. Mostly though, including the Jouster by the looks of things, you just gotta put the dual pedal in reach of your boot so you can switch between the sides in the time honoured way.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15923
    Thanks Dr Starvin'
    tae be or not tae be
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9443
    impmann said:
    TBH, the Gigrig generator and associated gubbins is the quietest set up I've ever had. Its also very lightweight - most of the alternatives weigh significantly more. Its also more scaleable - ie if you add more pedals, you just add more distributors/isolators etc. 

I love my G2/Gigrig power supply set up - and think its one of my best investments. 
    I agree 100%.

Even with no pedals engaged, my amps seem to sound better through the G2.